Wednesday, 12 June 2019

Its DT time again.....


Hiya peeps

Its the start of our new challenge over at

As always, all of our challenges are Anything Goes
so we would like you to join us, we love to see all..

We will endeavour to visit all of your projects and
leave a comment but please bear with us., after all we are are only human.

My project this week is a new baby card.
A friends newest son (of 3 now), named
Carter Ryan! Hes a little cutie pie of a thing
and deserved the Klik Klack Zak lobster that I bought
him (on sale at Amazon.co.uk).

I first coloured an image from Di's Digi's  called
Ted's Train which, unfortunately, is no longer available.
I printed it out onto linen effect white cardstock
(as thats all I had in at the time) and coloured it with
Castle Art pencil crayons. The linen effect gives the fur
effect. I then added Liquid Glass to various parts which,
as many of you already know, I love! It gives such a smooth
clear gloss finish just like glass and is as hard as resin when dry.
Its perfect for the eyes, beaks (of birds), rain drops etc.
I used it on the rim of the hat Ted is wearing, his eyes and some
parts of the train, especially the wheels.
I made the card size by using 2 x A4 pieces of white
linen effect cardstock, cut, folded and stuck together to
give me the large 9.5 in x 8.5 in card I wanted. I stuck the
2 pieces of backing papers that I wanted to use on the back, added the 3 ribbons/lace I wanted to use (overlapping when necessary).
After die cutting the sentiment "Welcome to the World"
I mounted the coloured digi on to an oval cut in yellow and stuck
that on to the bottom part of the card. The end touch was using
Liquid Pearls in White Opal to form the 3 "pearls" near the edge
of the card & then a smaller pearl to act as the start button
on the train hand controller. The insert was fun to find the
elements that I wanted to use. I found what I was looking for
on an old external hard drive ive got, I combined two images to form the right picture that I needed, along with the perfect verse that I printed out in. Both of the inserts were printed onto high quality
pearlescent paper that gives such a lovely finish to the whole card.

I wish to enter this card into the following challenges:

Di's Digi Designs #5(May-June)

Crafty Friends #111

A Bit More Time To Craft #6

Kitty Bee Designs #144










2 comments:

  1. Hi Marg this is a stunning card. I love how it is decorated on the inside and the outside. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello… Thanks for sharing your little baby card with us. It’s so cute and fits perfectly with our ‘Men/Boys’ theme. Good luck in the draw.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I dont miss any (which is a good thing!)
I dont get a chance to reply to all of your comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. I do read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.