Good Afternoon peeps, well another glorious day has passed, after the early rain again that is. Ive had a lovely day with my eldest daughter, hubby & youngest son visiting this lunchtime (the eldest grandson was out with his friend). Ive had to go to bed for an hour though as I was knackered to say the least!! Oh, my new oven has been fitted too as the other one had a faulty element as it kept working loose & catching on the ceramic fan so making a horrible din! As the same model wasn't available I had a surprise of an upgrade (foc too!!).
The card I want to tell & show you today is a card I made for a friend that I have made on Facebook.
Donna is a fantastic friend & we regularly talk on the phone even though we've never met. I regard Donna with the respect that she regards me so we get on really well.
The image is from Elisabeth Bell (designed & drawn by) and is really beautiful (as are all of her illustrations), coloured with pastel Promarkers to compliment the backing papers which are from an A5 booklet that came with a magazine some years ago.
The sentiment is one that I found in my stash (www.polkadoodles.co.uk) as is the little verse (that must be a stamp but I cant remember who made it). The butterfly has been cut twice from my Spellbinders Papillion dies, once in pearlescent white card & a pearlescent lilac card. I attached the paper roses with Pinflair glue gel. The ribbon is from my own stash.
A beautiful card if I say so (again lol)...in fact most of my cards I really love.. ;)
I am entering this card in to the following blog challenges:
Brown Sugar Blog Challenge: - Anything Goes
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-51-anything-goes.html
Charisma Cardz Blog Challenge - Girly
http://charismacardz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-28-girly.html
Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/2013/07/ttcrd-july-23-july-29-challenge.html
The Squirrel and The Fox - Use something spooled
http://www.thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-48-use-something-spooled.html
The Crafter's Cafe - Anything Goes
http://www.crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-21-anything-goes.html
That Craft Place - It's A Girl Thing
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/new-challenge-its-girl-thing.html
This is so pretty and a wonderful trifold design.
ReplyDelete{I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs DesÃre {Doing Life}
Thanks Desire,
Delete{{{hugs}}}
Marg ;)
Marg, this is beautiful I love those soft colours you used. Thanks for joining us over at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.
ReplyDeleteMichelle, Thank you so much for your lovely compliment.
Delete{{{hugs}}}
Marg ;)
Awesome card! Thanks for joining us here at The Squirrel and The Fox.
ReplyDeleteThank you Angela, that's so lovely of you to say so.
Delete{{{hugs}}}
Marg ;)
I am loving your card with that super sweet image!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar this week.
Hugs,
Linda
Brown Sugar DT
Hi Linda,
DeleteI appreciate your lovely comment, thank you.
{{{hugs}}}
Marg ;)
Delightful card. Your image adorable. TFS
ReplyDeleteThank you Kellie, I appreciate your comment
Delete{{{Hugs}}}
Marg ;)
Wow gorgeous card, so loving the style and the image and your colouring is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx
ReplyDeleteHiya Kezzy,
DeleteThank you for such a lovely comment. I appreciate every word.
{{{hugs}}}
Marg ;)