Monday, 2 May 2016

One of Three DT cards for Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog


Hiya peeps

Today I have brought a card for you which is my DT make
for Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog.

The theme for this challenge is April Showers Bring Quirky Flowers.
Last month we had showers of furry friends (and here in the UK we also
had showers of rain, sleet, hailstones, mini snowballs and snow),
and April Showers result in May Flowers - I want to see flowers on
your project, either as part of an image stamped or printed,
or as part of the design, or even the paper you use! Easy Peasy then!

Due to unfortunate personal circumstances Quirky will be taking a long break from challenges and this will be the last challenge for a few months.

I chose to use Delicious Doodles - Floral Watering Can for the first of
my 3 projects and I used my Harmony make of alcoholic marker pens to colour all but the very tiny flowers on this digi stamp. For the very tiny flowers I used my fineliner pens from WH Smiths. The matt & layering toppers behind the image were already die cut in my stash and I was so lucky to find them in the perfect colours that I wanted to use. The plain purple rectangle was die cut quickly using one of my spellbinders dies. I wanted to follow another challenge blog as well
for this month too so I followed a sketch which explains the funny layout.
For my flowers I chose a mixture of One Apple Blossom, 
Four Cherry Blossom & Four lilac 2 tone Aster Daisy stems
(all of which are from a company called Wild Orchid Crafts). 
The thin lace is from my own stash but the 9mm grosgrain printed 
with ladybirds on one side only comes in 3 colours, white, blue and 
the pink that I used. You can find that ribbon on a wonderful
website called Crafty Ribbons.

I hope you like the card and that it inspires you to enter our challenge.... 
so easy this challenge, being add a/some flowers. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.