Saturday, 30 April 2016

Monkeying around on a tree branch during April 2016

Hiya peeps

Today I have brought to show you an animal card which I made for
my brothers birthday just a few days ago. I didnt want to show it off
any earlier though as I wasnt sure that he had received it on
time & his children would see this on Facebook.

Anyway, the image is called 

I had found the backing papers a few days before making the card & I knew exactly what sort of card would do them. The digi itself is from the Progressive Challenge of Gerda's and lasts for one month. As I will enter the challenge
using this card, I will receive the digi image for next months challenge
free of charge. If you dont enter the challenge the month before, you can 
buy the digi from the website. (This applies to the majority of any of the progressive challenges that you may wish to enter). I coloured the monkey and leaves in using my alcoholic marker pens.

The ovals that I have used as backing to the monkey are cut from Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals, the leaves are also cut from Spellbinders dies, but I cant remember the name of them. The tree & branch that the monkey is holding on to has been cut out of an A4 sheet of bark embossed in a wood colour. It came as part of a kit that I bought some years ago. The orange monkey shaped button comes from Crafty Buttons and is part of quantity (by weight), of colour themed assorted animal shaped buttons, mixed sizes types and texture buttons. There are various different sorts of shapes available and this link HERE takes you
through to the whole different shapes available in the Novelty section. 

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:









6 comments:

  1. So cute. I love what you did with the paperpiecing and the stamp.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Good luck in the draw, Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Marg. I love the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, my favourite animal. Hope your brother liked the card.
    Thanks for joining us over at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge Jean DT XX Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great birthday card. I love the die cuts and the embossing in the branch. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card thanks for playing Crafting by Designs challenge hugs Carole DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what a sweet and cute card you've made:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.