Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Quirky Crafts Challenge, Masculine with ribbon or twine, March 2016


Hiya peeps,

Just a quick post for you to get me back into blogging after being m.i.a. for a couple of weeks due to a really bad chest infection. Im only just getting my strength back up to normal after the episode of coughing so much that it hurt!!


The card Im showing you today is for the Quirky Crafts Challenge blog and their theme this week is Quirky Masculine with ribbon or twine.

We also have a DT call going on which, to my thinking is that we only need one more member but I suppose Carol (our beloved team leader) might choose more. Get your applications in asap and have some fun with us while being rewarded.


The image that I was very kindly supplied with to use is from SLS Lines & is called Whimsical Pirate and a skull treasure island map that I downloaded from Google search but only for images that allow the picture to be reused (due to copyright issues);
He sort of reminds me of Captain Pugwash from the TV series that I used to watch in the 1970's (yes I was at high school but it was on tv when I got home from school & it as so funny).
(Captain Pugwash is a fictional pirate in a series of British children's comic strips and books created by John Ryan. The character's adventures were adapted into a TV series, using cardboard cut-outs filmed in live-action (the first series was performed and broadcast live), also called Captain Pugwash, first shown on the BBC in 1957, a later colour series, first shown in 1974–75, and a traditional animation series, The Adventures of Captain Pugwash, first aired in 1998)


I am entering this card into the following challenge(s)

SLS Lines Challenge theme is:   Inspired by a movie/book/song (Captain Pugwash on tv & made into children's books with a theme song to the programme too).








1 comment:

  1. Lovely pirate card. Thank you for joining us at SLS Lines this month. DT Ovedia Therese

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.