Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Midway Reminder for Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog

Hiya peeps,

I would like to show you a card that was made for the midway reminder 
post over at Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog., to use 3 different ribbons.
This is a card using a pre-coloured topper that I found in my stash,
and is created by Helz Cuppleditch whom I adore as her work is quite
varied but still cute.  I topped the cute dog, called Pepper, on a die cut piece of Papermania 6x6 paper using a Spellbinders die. I used a piece 
of A4 linen effect card from Papermill Direct in Cumbria as their
standard is very high & such an excellent choice of colours, weights
and smooth & embossing of such cardstock.
I chose 3 different shades of blue for the background topper on
a watercolour effect flower filled backing paper from
Making Cards magazine. Using them all together makes
such a difference to the whole effect. The theme of the
Challenge this month is to use 3 different types/colours/designs
of ribbon and thats what I have done on this beautiful card. I first
used the Patchwork Rose Ribbons - Happy Birthday, cutting it to
form 2 different sized banners "falling down the card".
across the card in a diagonal way gently coming towards each other 
at the bottom of the card. I then glued a double bow using the 
2 thinner ribbons to just below the pic adding 3 decorative hat pins with white pearl teardrop ends on them.


I believe I have created a spectacular card, I am that pleased with the way its turned out












No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.