Thursday, 24 September 2015

DT post for Crafty Ribbons

Hiya peeps

Today, being Thursday, sees the start of the new challenge over at Crafty Ribbons, the theme is Lace, but this means that you must use a piece of lace , not lace card or paper!!

Please dont forget we are having our 12 weeks countdown to CHRISTMAS ...yes 12 weeks not be long!! for the big man in his red suit.


So this challenge is only running for a week 

Our prize this week is a voucher from Crafty Ribbons to the value of £10.

For my card I made a double fold easel card using a lovely shade of purple card and topped with a matching to the shading of the flowers card. 
I cut a large decorative edged circle topper for the decoupaged flower (from Hunkydory)  to sit on
and another shaped die cut for the sentiment. I also die cut some flourishes in the same purple shade of card. The lace I used, is  French Cotton Lace - Clermont Cotton 18mm is the approx width  (other colours and other thicknesses/types of lace are available).
I made a chocolate box bow using the same lace too as with this lace being made using quite thick cotton its too thick to make a normal bow. 
The final embellishment I used was a pale pink mesh butterfly with a faux gem as its body and stuck it using Pinflair glue gel to stick it near the decoupaged lily flowers.

I hope you like my take on this card, the main thing though is please dont forget you only have one week to enter your entry for this challenge..


I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Wonderful Wednesday 23 at Kraftin Kimmies

Simply Papercraft-theme is always Anything Goes

Petal Lu Challenge, theme is Anything Goes









2 comments:

  1. CUTE CARD! The lace is beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a interessting Card and a cool idea how to created. I must do the same ;-) Really fantastic... love the colours - they fit perfectly together.

    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.