Thursday, 27 August 2015

Pink Shades on a card for Crafty Ribbons DT


Hiya peeps,

Two posts in as many days, you are honoured!! lol. ive made so many cards lately that I really need to get posting about them all.

This card is my Design Team creation for August on behalf of Crafty Ribbons. We are instructed with the newest delivery from the factory & boss Ali.  From the summer festival collection I have chosen to use a gorgeous Grosgrain Ribbon - Swiss Dot Quartz/Hot Pink from Crafty Ribbons along with this delightful pre coloured image (I think its from Crafters Companion but I cant be sure.).

Using smooth white card stock (from Papermill Direct in the Lake District/Website) I cut the A4 sheet of card down to an A5 size and then scored & folded in to the easel shape that I wanted.
I used a piece of 12x12 Papermania Parkstone Pink Capsule Collection (which are double sided)
and used that as a backing piece for the image. I added 3 little birds that I had die cut using the
same backing paper. Also adding a piece as a stopper (with foam pads to stick it down), wrapped with a piece of the same Swiss Dot Ribbon and a Chocolate Box Bow on top. I found a gorgeous piece of A4 paper that was a shame to cut but it went so so well with the pinks but added a touch of blue to the card. It had a wavy ribbon style line going across the paper but I wanted to cover that with the Swiss Dot Ribbon. Adding the flat backed pearls was the finishing touch to this card.
I hope you all like this little card. It is being sent off, along with some of my other makes to
Crafty Ribbons HQ so they can be displayed on the backing of the exhibition boards ready for the winter season.

You can find the Crafty Ribbons Challenge Blog HERE

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Not Just Cards Challenge #23, theme is always AG







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.