Thursday, 23 April 2015

Sketch & Colour Dare for Die-Namites Cutting Dies


Hiya peeps,

An early afternoon post from me as Im having a break today from crafting cards, I might, though,
do some die cutting later for the wedding invites that Ive been working on (for ever it seems) lol.

Today I would like to show you a card that I have made especially for a challenge but I had to order a special die that I needed from a company who's dies I hadnt used before.  Die-Namites dies are made in America and are a high quality steel die that are useable in almost every die cutting machine.  The die I brought is their Daisy Bunch (DN-1012) and its such a lovely cut....

Heres the card I made following the challenge blog for Die-Namites dies, which, for this month,
is a Sketch Challenge and Dare.  The dare is to use the colours as shown in this pic:

Here is the finished result following the sketch almost identically. I used the Daisy Bunch die to cut the bunch 3 times using different coloured scrap pieces of card (within the designated colours that are in the dare. The hot pink piece was already embossed (by myself) using a "Happy Birthday" embossing folder. I then pieced the pieces of daisies together in to the desired effect. The sentiment was made using a ticket die from Whimsy Stamps cutting it in the desired colour of card, cutting 2 butterflies using a patterned card in a variety of pastel colours, some of which are in the "colour dare" of this challenge.  I hope you like the finished result, its lovely in real life, such a fresh look to it which is what I hoped it would do ;0 xx

I am entering this card in to the following challenges: 








7 comments:

  1. Marg....what a SUPER CUTE take on Die~Namites Dies Sketch Challenge and the colors you chose were just the BEST!!! THANK YOU so much for playing along with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the Daisy Bunch die you selected to use. Thanks for joining us at Die-Namites and being apart of this months challenge, you captured the sketch perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Marg, so pretty. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally beautiful!. I love the colors and design that you created with your die cut. Thank you for playing with us at Die-Namites April Sketch and Challenge. We hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool, I love it!! Thank you for playing with us at Die-Namites April Sketch and Challenge. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so pretty card....thanks for playing along with Die~Namites Dies April's Sketch and Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean and ever so pretty! Thank you for playing along with the Die-Namites April Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.