Thursday, 26 February 2015

Little Daisy Mouse...



Good Morning peeps

Its early but I dont care, I wanted to show you Little Daisy Mouse By Meljens Designs
a real cutie (for me anyway) and quite easy to colour. The only problem was what colours 
to use as a background!! lol. So I went for coordinating pale green gingham with a metallic 
brown on a white 6 inch square scalloped card. I scored the card to form the twisted easel 
and promptly matt & layered the metallic brown to top with the image, adding the layered
flower fastening with a brad. (There is another brad in the middle of the daisy).
I then added the bling in the 3 remaining corners, which are taken from a length of a
cream resin/plastic & faux gems stringed "ribbon type" embellishment. The backing paper
covering the base of the easel card was from a fairly old craft magazine and to that I
topped it with a lovely soft jute type ribbon topped with 
approx 18mm wide but please note this lace is made using traditional looms 
and are not computerised, therefore width of lace may vary), I entwined the
cotton lace with a plaited twine that I found in my vast ribbon stock lol. The
sentiment "Hope your day is as sweet as you are" is from my clear stamp stash.

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Meljens Design Challenge #248 theme is Tic Tac Toe using Bling, Brads and Lace. Ends 26th Feb

Scribble & Scrap #38 theme is:  Anything Goes Ends 28th Feb

Ooh-La-La-Creations Challenge #174, theme is:  Add Something Green (gingham backing paper & few layers of green & white flower) Ends 1st March










4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card, such a brilliant design.
    Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and great shaped card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the twisted easel card! The brads in the center of the flowers is a great touch.

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Tic Tac Toe challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card thank you for sharing with Ooh La La Creations Hugs Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.