Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Victorian Lizabeth with golden theme


Hiya peeps

Yes I was late with this card!!! I was not happy when I realised that it was not the date I was expecting and knew that I was going to be late posting this to the Facebook group.  Oh well, I will definitely have to buckle down and get ahead with my DT cards as I definitely dont want to be late again, ever!!
Back to the card....  At Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog this month were were very lucky to be sponsored by the fabulous (and my favourite artist of digi's) Heather Valentin of Lacy Sunshine. The theme this month I chose, as I was the one who managed to pursued Lacy Sunshine to sponsor us, is Hats/Valentines
The image I was allocated was the gorgeous Victorian Lizabeth and as shes not suitable for a valentines card, decided to use Distress Marker pens that I had brought from the NEC back last November but hadnt used! I loved using them and will be using them more and more in the future, I fully recommend them. I went with the softer & pastel colours to give more of a softer look to the whole card.  I also followed a sketch theme as I wanted to enter this card into a craft magazine challenge.
I used a Docrafts heart shaped doily and coloured parts of it in one of the Distress Markers to compliment the greens/beiges I had used on the image. I cut this in half so it could be seen properly on both sides of the topper & added a smallish piece of gold coloured stretchy mesh to add some texture. The backing papers (including the matt pearlescent gold paper) is from my own stash along with the cotton lace, faux green gems and the sentiment (which was shaped but cut to a rectangle). The finishing touch to this card, in my eyes, Is the banner with heart shaped holes that I placed in the top left corner, and the faux stitching that I made around the gold topper and the lace backing paper. The pennants I used are 3/4 of the whole die cut from a La La Land die which I have owned for a while now.
I hope you like this card...

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #242, theme is "Something New"  -  Distress Markers (first use of them)

Whoopsi Daisy Challenge, theme is Anything Goes

Crafty Calendar Challenge, theme is "What's New?"   -   Distress Markers (first use of them)

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge, theme is Anything Goes  








5 comments:

  1. Beautiful - love the colour behind the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, thank you for joining us at whoopsie daisy hope to see you again and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Marg love that image also the wonderful colours and design a super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card and nice image! Thank you for joining the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes January Challenge! Hope to see you again! Good luck!

    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thanks for joining in our 'What's New" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.