Friday, 23 January 2015

Im in the garden....


Hiya peeps,

Today is my DT make for Crafty Ribbons Challenge with the theme of "Anything But A Card, dont forget the ribbon also "

I wanted to make something completely different and had a little mdf plaque which I had previously painted with white gesso. I went over this white gesso with a set of paint pens I had previously brought, they are called Zig Woodcraft Marker Set. This fantastic set of paint markers are an easier way to paint with both bullet & chisel tips. Im not going to emphasize any more on these as it will bore most of you.  I used a digi stamp from Lacy Sunshine called Sleepytime Buzzlee and coloured him with Promarkers, added die cut metallic green leaves, 3 stacked flowers with pearl effect centers and wrote the words "Im in the garden...." in gold metallic woodcraft paint pen from the set. I then selected various ribbons from my Crafty Ribbons stash some following the theme of gardening with Nature Ribbon - Pansy print and Nature Ribbon - Butterflies with other ribbons, including the NEW Cotton Lace manufactured the old fashioned way in France. Various colours are available. I also used 2 colours of Basics 2 Go Sheer Organza 9mm Ribbon.  The surprise on this make is a SNEAK PEEK at a new viscose lace yet to be released.  They will be available to buy soon..... I am not too sure exactly when though Im sorry to say. All I know is that there are some gorgeous colours in both the cotton and viscose lace.!!! The last thing for me to do was to just tie them on to the rope hanger attached to the plaque. I am, though, yet, to varnish this item before it goes outside but it will more than likely get posted off to Ribbon HQ in Dorset ready for the Spring Exhibitions in both Europe and the UK, where I wont see it again unless I attend the exhibitions this coming spring at the NEC in Birmingham which is the nearest to me, but I have made this out of lots and lots of love!!!!!  I hope you like it as much as I love it lol ;0

I am entering this plaque in to the following challenges:

Scribble & Scrap Crafts Challenge #36, theme is always Anything Goes








2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Marg beautiful colour's have a lovely weekend
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loving those flowers. Great card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.