Monday, 12 January 2015

A Spring Bling card in pinks and teals


Hiya peeps, 

Another week has gone by and Im getting better, Over Christmas & NewYear, when I was ill. Luckily the bad chest infection I had, is almost gone. Back to the important reason why Im 
writing about the beautiful card shown below ......




As my followers know, Im a disabled single parent who will not be able to 
work ever again so I craft for the majority of the day (when Im well enough)
making cards and some upcycling/altered art. I have been crafting for most of 
my life, (Im now in my 50's), I can sew both by hand & machine, 
and I also used to enjoy cross stitch, some embroidery and painting. I have 
been papercrafting for the past 6 years since I had to stop working. 
I need to keep my mind & hands occupied. 
I am already on two DT's, which I love to take part with: 
I was/still am on the DT for A Crafty Mess Challenge Blog but the blog & Facebook 
account seem to have disappeared and non of my fellow DT ladies know what has 
happened. We cant even get in touch with the admin/founder of the blog. 

Well, Im posting today with a card that I have made for a DT (design team) call over at 
Tiddly Inks. Im in love with a great deal of their fabulous images, whether they are 
digital or clear rubber. 

I love the image, Wryn Spring Bling, and decided that I would use my favourite colours 
(for cards) at the moment in pinks and teals.. So after colouring her in a mixture of
Graph It and Promarker alcoholic ink pens, I was extremely pleased with the outcome of
Wryn. I then cut Wryn out using a Spellbinders Labels One die set and once I had found the
size of die I needed, proceeded to cut out the shape.
As you can see I also cut 3 other Labels One but in the larger "Grande" sizes. I layered them 
using foam pads and then stuck the decorative hat pins in the one corner with the small
organza ribbon bow. Closely followed by the pink patterned paper, which is from the Me2You 
range of papercrafting essentials. I then stuck a piece of organza ribbon, just slightly longer
than the height of the card, Stick this down with sellotape on the reverse, topping with a bead 
strip which, in the case of the strip I used is very sparkly! 
The cherry blossom flowers are from a fabulous company called Wild Orchid Crafts and the gardenias are from my own stash.  The sentiment was stamped on to plain white card and 
then cut around to be glued to the lightly embossed teal card stock, matt & layered with the 
mirror card and the 3 faux pearls were all from my own stash too.
I hope you like this creation as much as I do. 
Im really hoping that I can get on the wonderful & very talented Design Team.

I am entering this card in to the following Blog Challenge:





















2 comments:

  1. Hi Marg this card is gorgeous I love that image you have used also the wonderful colours and design, good luck with the DT call
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are getting better. Lovely card.
    Good luck with the DT call

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.