Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Crafting Musketeers Midway Reminder


Hiya peeps

A midway reminder about Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog's latest challenge of which the theme is Anything Goes But A Card!!!!

I will update this post asap but the main thing for you to see is the photos of the conversion/recycled tub that I made in to the wine bottle holder ;0

Ok, im back to finish off so I must sincerely apologise to you all who were waiting for 
details about this fabulous (even if I say so myself) wine bottle holder/container.
The main first thing to do is to gather all the items you need 
in one place, neatly, on your work area,

As you can see I started off with an Instant Potato tub (empty of course) and then measured 
& cut  2 pieces of different coloured/patterned backing paper (I cant remember 
where I brought mine from as its a couple of years old). This was stuck down 
with ultra strong double sided tape to secure it. 

I then attached the ribbons & lace, the coloured doilies, the picture with a bit of Glitter Snow brushed on certain parts of it to recreate a snow effect which also glitters in the light.
The finishing touches to my bottle holder are the crystal type beads, feathers (2 colours) and the ribbon (which is exclusive to Crafty Ribbons).

I would, however, not recommend putting actual ice in the tub as I cant guarantee the waterproofness of the tub but I would use the flexible ice packs that are made for 
childrens/adult lunch boxes.
I hope you like this, my teenage daughter is grabbing it as a 
Christmas present for her penguin loving best friend.












No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.