Thursday, 2 October 2014

My Guest Design Team project(s) for Recycle, Re-Purpose and Reinvent

The overall theme of CS Designs blogs focuses on Recycling 
and using Throwaway items in your Art.

I hope you like my Guest Design Project for this wonderful blog that I have the fabulous honor to be a guest for this month of October. I will be posting another
project in a couple of weeks. For this first challenge of Recycle, Re-Purpose and Reinvent
Ive transformed recycled a milkshake powder tub that my teenage daughter was
about to throw away. I instantly thought of a sturdier holder for the larger pairs of scissors that I use in my crafting (3 pairs lol). The largest & heaviest being my ribbon scissors, (see the photos below, as the dark purple handled scissors are the pair that Im on about). So I started getting my stash ready for this project. 


First I need to tell you about: 


We're Also Having A Blog Hop with lots of Fun Prizes
To help us Celebrate our 1st challenge here on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Reinvent. 
 
There are 7 blogs participating in this Hop and 6 Great Prizes to be given out. Because we want you to become acquainted with our  fabulous new team you must  visit and leave a comment on Every Participating Project Post along the way in order to be eligible to win any of our prizes. 

There will be 6 winners altogether,:  3 will be chosen from all the comments left on our participating posts, 2 will be chosen from all those that participate in our 1st challenge and 1 from those that find the hidden ghost somewhere on the CS Designs Store. Our Blog Hop starts today Oct 1st, 2014 and ends  at 11:55 October 13th, and winners will be announced on Nov 1st. All Winners will receive their choice of 3  digital designs from the CS Designs Online Store. 
 
Art you ready to party? 
 
You need to start HERE - ON THIS BLOG
(There are two ways to win on this blog, join our challenge or leave us a comment)

Marg..Crafty Cards by Marg(You are here)
Chris ... Doodle Pieces 
Chris ... / CS Designs   .. The store does not allow comments so to play and be eligible for a prize you will have to find my little ghost hidden somewhere among my designs and write to me with where you found him. I will chose 1 winner from all those who find him.
 

Note: Because we all live in different parts of the world, our blogs may not all go live at the same time, so if you visit a blog and can not find the blog hop post, come back  here a little later, check the links and try visiting again.  




Now back to my project of transforming the milkshake tub. (Ive posted photos below showing before and after).
I started with the blank tub and glued on 2 pieces of backing papers from my own stash to cover over the details of what was in the tub. I also took the paper slightly higher than the top of the tub so it wasnt showing the silver coloured trim. I then added a thin strip of black lace using extra strong double sided tape, followed by a strip of dark brown "eyelash" trim (so called as it looks like eyelashes). The next thing I did was to wrap a wide strip of loose weave hessian around the base and tied a bow using an old piece of garden twine that I found in my "oddments" drawer in the kitchen.. lol (I dont suppose anyone else has one of those drawers do they???)
After making sure that all the lace/twine & hessian were stuck down & dry I coloured a picture of 

Zombie Powder
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dark And Edgy / Artful Sentiment
from the 
Haunting Apparitions 
section of the website


in an Almond colour from my Graph It marker/alcoholic pen collection to give it an antique/classic/old look about it. It turned out rather good if I say so myself.  Now to the back of the tub, I didnt want it to look "bare" without a picture/image so I decided to add the 

Shrunken Head 1
Shrunken Head Digital Stamp
from the 
Haunting Apparitions


which was coloured with a mixture of Promarkers & Graph It pens, apart from the "nail" through the hair tie which I coloured with a Silver coloured Sakura metallic pen. He was close cut out and stuck down with Collall glue gel.

Thats it!! I hope you have liked my first post for Recycle, Re-Purpose and Reinvent Challenge Blog and that you will join in our Blog Hop, which gives you the chance to see the Design Team members of this wonderful blog, take a look through at their styles & their previous creations. 
regarding the blog hop, dont forget to start off on the first one on the above list, which is the Challenge Blog itself!!!  Good Luck!!

I am entering this project in to the following challenges:

The Sisters of Craft, October, Theme is Anything Goes http://thesistersofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/sisters-of-craft-october-anything-goes.html

Divas By Design, Wednesday, 1 Oct 2014, Theme is Spooky Creations

http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/spooky-creations.html

Inspiration Destination, #1 Theme is Anything Goes
http://ema-ginationstation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/AG-ch-1.html

Little Tangles #46, theme is Anything Goes
http://www.littletangles.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/challenge-46-anything-goes.html

Sassy Studio Designs DTBST #249, theme is Anything Goes
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/dtbst-249-anything-goes.html

The Pink Elephant #270, theme is Anything Goes
 http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/the-pink-elephant-challenge-tpe270.html

My Craft Creations challenge 29/9-11/10/2014, theme is Anything Goes
http://craftcreatoins.blogspot.co.uk/p/new-challenge.html

Crafting By Designs October, theme is Anything Goes
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/october-anything-goes.html

Creative Inspirations, Challenge 283, theme is Lovely Lace!
http://cinspirations.blogspot.com.es/2014/10/challenge-283-lovely-lace.html










40 comments:

  1. Oh wow Marg what an amazing transformation of that box, you have done an ACE job here.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful words, I really appreciate every single word and the compliment
      {{{happy crafting hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  2. I cannot thank you enough for playing along with my Dream Team and me on the launch of our new ATG challenge blog! I so much appreciate your support!

    About your project... fantastic! Love all the details. It's so fun! xx

    Again, thanks for joining us for our current ATG challenge. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    Inspiration Destination - Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre very welcome Ema. Its a fantastic pleasure to see you doing something productive that is also fab for us.
      Thank you so much for your wonderful words, I really appreciate every single word and the compliment
      {{{happy crafting hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 xxx

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your GDT gig. Such a lovely group. Fabulous project. I'd so love to have that sitting on my desk. xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful words, I really appreciate every single word and the compliment. And Im very sorry to say that my teenage daughter has already taken it upstairs in to her bedroom!!!! lol
      {{{happy crafting hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  4. wow it is a great project!

    thank for playing with us by inspiration destination and good luck!!!

    gr meggi dt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wonderful words, I really appreciate every single word and the compliment
      {{{happy crafting hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  5. Wonderful upcycled projects Marg. Who would have thought that empty food containers could become so functional. Love the tool caddy idea and the images you used.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desire, I know what you mean, it looks nothing like the milkshake carton that it was.... watch out for what I do with the tin can on the next time I blog for this company!!!
      Thank you so much for your wonderful words, I really appreciate every single word and the compliment
      {{{happy crafting hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  6. Marg, So lovely to have you as a Guest Designer on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent and I absolutely love your project. Really great recycle and I'm with Donna, what a cool thing to have sitting on your desk.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much Chris. I really appreciate your lovely compliment, an honour coming from you as the fantastic artist of these wonderful images.
      {{{Happy Crafting Hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michele for your lovely comment. I really appreciate every single word.
      {{{Happy Crafting Hugs}}}
      Marg ;) x

      Delete
  8. gorgeous project thank you for joining in with us at sassy studios and good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Sheena, thank you so much for your lovely comment, I appreciate every single word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  9. Such a cute and creative project. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, thank you so much for your lovely comment, I appreciate every single word.
      {{{Happy crafting hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  10. Really wonderful projects Marg - its so great to have you as GD on CS Designs. It's funny because I have never been a big fan of Halloween however with all the DT projects this week I have started to change my mind. Beautiful.

    With smiles
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laine for your lovely beautiful comment!! I really appreciate every single word.
      {{{Hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  11. What a fun and spooky project! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, thank you so much for your lovely comment, I appreciate every single word.
      {{{Happy crafting hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  12. Love your spooky creation...thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margreet for your lovely comment. I appreciate every single word.
      {{hugs]}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  13. A fabulous creation hun :) I love the colour scheme! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I appreciate every single word.
      {{hugs]}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  14. I love your spooky storage. A fabulous image, colours and design.
    Thank for entering the Divas by Design challenge.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Sharon,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I appreciate every single word.
      {{happy crafting hugs]}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  15. Perfect storage you createad, it's good to use thos odd things we somehow collect and the tube was perfect for your scissors too. Great description on how you made everything!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I appreciate every single word.
      {{happy crafting hugs]}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  16. Oh Wow! love your upcycled powder tub! The papers you've used look great with the image and embellishments - love that shrunken head!!! Fantastic project! mo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Maureen, Thank you so much for your lovely comment & for taking time to visit my blog.
      {{{happy crafting hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  17. Amazing projects Maureen and very useful too - thanks for your inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much & glad I can help
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  18. Fabulous project and brilliant recycling love all the texture and great images love it no one would ever guess what it started as--thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Carol, many thanks for your fantastic comment, I really appreciate every single word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  19. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at the Little Tangles Challenge! Hope to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Jessica, thank you so much for your lovely comment. I appreciate every single word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  20. Fab project, thanks for joining us at the Sister Of Craft for October. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Gill, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my GDT post.
      I really appreciate every single word
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.