Thursday, 2 October 2014

21 wishes for a Happy Birthday


Hiya peeps, yes an early post for me,, before I go to bed actually!! Ive had a tiring last couple of days and its knocked it out of me so Ive done nothing but sleep earlier tonight, so of course, Im wide awake now and its almost 3am lol.

I can now post this blog about a fabulous 21st Birthday card for a long time friends son., as they went on holiday for their birthday & I received a Facebook message to say that he loved the card and wondered "how on earth I knew what car he liked??" lol My friend then said nothing to him about telling me just a "wink wink". Now thats what I call a friend.

The card is an 8x8 inch card made using Papermill Direct white linen effect 270gsm card. Its what I mainly use for the majority of my cards now, when I dont use that I use other card stock available also from Papermill Direct. It depends on what card stock the card actually suits better.
The picture of the Scoobie (car) was downloaded from Google but it is a copyright free image as thats all I use.
The verse is from Hallmark Card Studio Deluxe software that I have installed on my laptop. Its a wonderful thing to have as I can get access to hundreds if not thousands of verses/sentiments for all occasions and then I can always create my own using the card studio.
I cant remember where I got the alloy wheels backing card from, Im sorry to say! Its more than likely either Hunkydory or Kanban. The foiling of the wheels is excellent I will say though, lol
I hope you like this card as much as both I did and the young guy who I sent it too.

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-255-young-boy.html
(I sincerely apologise if this card is too old for this challenge. To me he is still a young boy).

http://thesistersofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/sisters-of-craft-october-anything-goes.html

http://www.diecuttindivas.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-185-anything-goes.html

http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/challenge-84-use-punches-andor-diecuts.html

http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/challenge-261-die-cuts-only.html

http://aagwat.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/challenge-01.html







4 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Marg, love the image of the little man and the sentiment the card on the inside is ACE, fantastic make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Lorraine, I love that verse too & its so perfect for a young lad that loves cars & driving.
      Thank you so so much for your lovely comment and I really appreciate every single word that youve said.
      {{{happy crafting hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 xx

      Delete
  2. Great guy card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Café for this challenge.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margaret, I really appreciate a compliment of such an esteemed artist such as yourself.
      {{{Happy Crafting Hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.