Thursday, 11 September 2014

Words From The Heart - A special card for a special friend of mine & DT call application

Hiya peeps,

Well it looks like its going to be a gorgeous day again today and for September, we are doing well.. lets hope it keeps going for at least the rest of the month, From what I read on the msn website, we are in for more severe winters in the near future.

Right, back to why Im posting today. I am very pleased to say that one of my favourite artists/designers is having a DT call, and that person is The Sugar Nellie blogs otherwise known as The Sugar Bowl,,, A fantastic badge to catch peoples eyes too.
One of my favourite ranges of their stamps are the new Furry Friends range and I went straight ahead and brought 4 of the range & 2 others (little cute really beautiful girls). I couldnt wait to get started and you can see further down my blog that I have created a Birthday card using the lovely "Gift Wrapped".  
The image I have used for my application to this fantastic opportunity is called 
"Words From The Heart"  and I coloured the printed digi with a selection of Promarkers and a couple of Graph It alcohol pens.  (I love using both sets of pens but I really need to add more Graph It pens to my collection as its still quite small).
Back on to track, After colouring and cutting the image out, leaving a not so thin white border around the image, I then set about mounting it on to a piece of scrap decorated card that I had left over in my scrap box. This was then put to one side whilst I decorated the plain white card base that I had selected to use in the horizontal position for this card. I found a gorgeous pastel pink with an off white flourish/lace effect border on, Im sure this is from a free lot of papers/toppers from Crafters Companion. After mounting this beautiful paper on to the card I added a wide white lace to the card and topped that with a cathedral thin width white lace and then a row of small white beads on a string. I then stuck the card backed image to the base card. I added a white rose paper flower to the bottom left of the image (but on the card), this was a recent giveaway win of mine through Facebook. The flowers, in red, white & black are made by Craftime Connection The last thing for me to do was to add the wide lace bow & stick pins (in coordinating colours) oh, and the same stringed beads wrapped around the knot of the bow. A beautiful finishing touch for this card, which I think I will use as a Birthday card for a long time friend of mine.... its perfect for her as we still do, occasionally write to each other. Words From The Heart - perfect for your pen pals or life long friends that you dont see that often, as in the case with me & Julie. 

Thanks for popping over to my blog and taking the time to read this post. 
Have a fabulous day & a wonderful weekend...

I would like to enter this card in to the following:


Treasured Time Challenge, #24, the theme is Anything Goes

















6 comments:

  1. Hi Marg this is so beautiful love the image that you have used he is a real little cutie, the ribbon and colours look super. Good Luck with the DT call.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Lorraine. Wow, thank you for a wonderful comment. I really appreciate every single word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being chosen as the DT for A Crafty Mess. I look forward to sponsoring for you. Lovely work, Marg. See you soon. xx Kathryne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much Kathryne!! I am really grateful & thankful for you visiting my blog today. I really appreciate it so much...
      I love & adore your designs & have quite a collection now so Im looking forward, obviously, of using your images once again when you sponsor A Crafty Mess!!
      {{{Happy Crafting Hugs}}}
      Marg xx ;0

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hiya Marnie,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I really appreciate every single word youve said.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 xx

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.