Thursday, 25 September 2014

DT card for Crafty Ribbons - beware you will need a coffee to read this...


Hiya peeps, I would grab a coffee and some cake to keep you going as this is such a long post, for which I apologise now....

A lovely day it is (when I wrote this as its a scheduled post to correspond with the Challenge blog going live).

Its time for a new challenge over at Crafty Ribbons. This fortnight its the "Bows" team to bring you the inspiration makes. We are all lovely crafters in both teams and as a DT together. Crafty Ribbons are a lovely company to work for.

My creation for this challenge, the theme being "Anything Goes with Ribbon & Buttons" and as you are probably aware, I am a ribbon addict!!!
I do have to use ribbons & buttons from Crafty Ribbons for obvious reasons and even though there are ribbon bows as well as ribbon lengths weaved through the decorative holes in the base card, its because the weaving stands out is why I chose only that ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons. The green buttons are from Crafty Ribbons but the pink ones were stuck down before I realised that I didnt know where I had brought them from!! I sincerely apologise to all at Crafty Ribbons for my mistake. The pink candy striped ribbon that I weaved through the holes in the base card, is a gorgeous soft feel to it and not at all grainy like the look of it.

The bags of ribbon lengths (really 1m length sizes and not just bits) that you get when buying from the selection of Jam Pot Ribbons - Special offer - buy all 7 flavours and only pay for 6 and are a favourite of mine as the selection of different shades of the colour and the different types of ribbon as in satin, eyelash, grosgrain etc. Each bag does NOT contain the same as the others, each bag might contain a different variety of ribbon types but the colours are so gorgeous in all that I have used.

My creation, a birthday card for a neighbour who lives across the road from my youngest daughters dad, which in truth is my old home. Cath turned 40 yesterday and I wanted to make her a lovely card as they always buy Tia lovely presents and the cards she buys are beautiful. Anyway, the card was cut from the Spellbinders grand decorative ovals die set and decorated with backing papers & the image called "Dew Drop (pre coloured)" are from The Paper Shelter website. Loads of beautiful images and fantastic gorgeous backing papers to look at or buy,.... The rest of the items used on this card are from my own stash. I did buy the Cherry Blossom flowers (left & right hand side of the card) in a pale purple/Ivory colour are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the rest are from a mixture of Ebay & Facebook sellers.

Well, a very fussy card this time as I'm certain the Dew Drop image really warrants it. I hope you like it too. If you have any questions please leave a comment & I will get back to you asap. ;0 xx

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly Challenge, theme is Oh How Cute
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/oh-how-cute.htmll

3 Girl Jam Challenge, theme is Birthday Time
http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/september-2014-challenge-birthday-time.html

Ladybug Crafts Challenge, theme is Anything Goes
http://ladybugcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/september-challenge-july-winner.html

Sisters of Craft Challenge, theme is always Anything Goes
http://thesistersofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/sisters-of-craft-september-anything.html

The Crafty Bloggers Network, theme is Anything Goes
http://craftybloggersnetwork.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/september-challenge-at-crafty-bloggers.html

The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge, theme is Anything Goes
http://thepapernestdollschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-19.html

The Cheerful Stamp Pad, theme is Birthdays
http://cheerfulstamppad.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/happy-birthday-to-you.html

























8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 95, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Hazel,
      Many many thanks for your comment.
      Hope youre well?
      {{{Happy Crafting Hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous project. Thanks for joining us at The cheerful Stamp Pad for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbara for your lovely comment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  3. Such a special card, it's beautiful. Thanks for joining in with The Sisters of Craft Challenge. Crafty Blessings. Tracy SOC DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your lovely comment!! I really appreciate every single word.
      {{{Happy Crafting Hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  4. Amazing! Love all the details and beautiful trim pieces on this! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I really appreciate every single word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.