Thursday, 25 September 2014

A Special Card For A Special Little Girl

Hiya peeps,

Two posts in one day, well you are honoured!!! lol ;0

This post is all about a Birth Congratulations card that I recently made for a dear friend of mine daughter. I had known the mum & daughter for over 10 years now & it feels so much longer as they are really lovely ladies. Im sure that the daughter is a fantastic mum. Im just so sorry that they no longer live close enough for a quick visit. Anyway the little girl who was born & to whom this card is for is, as you have probably guessed is called Hope and she is absolutely gorgeous.
I decided to create an extra special card for them and this is the result... an acetate front card in the shape of a dress. I know for a fact now that it was received with great admiration and compliments of " Its gorgeous" and "It will definitely go into Hope's memory box".
I did draw the dress myself and all of the design is of my own imagination. The greeting/sentiment/verse was printed off, die cut out using Spellbinders Grand Decorative Oval die set and placed on the reverse of the "dress". I used Crafters Companion 400gsm construction strength acetate. I also made the box for the card too, complete with pink tissue paper from my own stash and tied with a white organza ribbon.
Please feel free to comment below with any questions or comments you may have.

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss Challenge & the theme is: Baby

7 Kids Challenge #109: Anything Goes with a twist of Ribbons or Lace (Ribbon & Lace used, both in pink) also used Spellbinders Grand Decorative Oval die set available in your store by clicking on the blue description just above.

The Crafter's Cafe Challenge, theme is: Shaped Card

Miriam's Crafting Blog, theme is: Kids


Whimsy Inspires Challenge, theme is: Monochromatic I have used pinks with the off touch of white

Glitter and Sparkle Challenge #103, theme is: Must Use Pink















8 comments:

  1. I truly love this. It's amazing. All your creations are just fabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna!! I really appreciate your lovely words,
      I will visit your blog asap
      {{{{Happy Crafting Hugs}}}}
      Marg ;0 xx

      Delete
  2. WOW Marg this is absolutely awesome, so many beautiful items to see, you have put so much love into creating this and it shows, I am sure this will be treasured for many years to come,
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Lorraine!! I really appreciate your wonderful comment., I dont deserve such a beautiful comment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful project!!! I just love it! You can see you put lots of love into this! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at www.7kidscollegefund.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your lovely comment!! I really appreciate every single word.
      Yes, a lot of love did go in to this card but I do, also, love creating baby cards.
      {{{Happy Crafting Hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous creation, and clever design, thank you for sharing at The Crafters Café, hope to see you again soon
    {Crafters Cafe DT Member}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Alex.,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I really appreciate every single word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.