Monday, 7 July 2014

Fitztown.com, Pick A Holiday Challenge


Good Morning peeps,

A scheduled post by me as the Fitztown Challenged Blog goes live at 12 Midnight EST, which, according to the World Time Zone is 5 hours behind us in Summer... so it should be 5am when this was posted!   A long way to say Welcome to Fitztown Challenge Blog....

This challenge is all about "Pick A Holiday" and when I had the choice of all the wonderful, fantastically drawn artistry I had to go with a Christmas theme as its the nearest holiday for us here in the UK... Im not going to say how many days are left before the big day, I just dont want to really think about the big day yet as Ive still got my own birthday next month & loads of family & dear friends birthdays yet let alone Christmas... but needs must... and I am extremely pleased with my finished project, A Decorated Gift Bag for a Christmas present for a special person,

Recipe:

Winter 4 & Winter 5 images from the Winter collection over at Fitztown where you will find cheap but beautiful images
Brown or White Paper Bag (any size & with or without handles)
1 x A4 sheet of acetate cut to bag size (with or without snow effect)
Assorted off cuts of sparkly ribbons
Red Merry Christmas on light grey grosgrain ribbon
Singing Penguins or extra wide similar ribbon
Backing paper to match/coordinate with the chosen image(s)
Alcohol pens (Promarker/Flexmarker/Graph It/Copic etc)
Sakura Gelly Roll Glitter pens (for the Christmas Tree decorations)
Ultra strong double sided tape to secure the acetate
Wet glue (silicone is best) to secure ribbon curls & the images

I hope you like the finished result!!  If I had extra time I would of made a matching gift tag & Christmas time but Im busy with commission orders at the moment....


For this challenge, you have until Sunday, July 20th, midnight EST USA. Winner and TOP 3 will be announced Sunday, July 27th.

I am entering this decorated gift bag in to the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments Designs, theme is:  Anything Goes
http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/anything-goes.html

Glitter n Sparkle Challenge, theme is: Bling It On
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/challenge-92.html

Through The Craft Room Door, theme is: Anything Goes
http://www.ttcrd.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/ttcrd-challengejuly-8-july-14.html

Artistic Inspirations Challenges, theme is Anything Goes/Going Places
http://artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.ca/2014/07/challenge-99-anything-goes-going-places.html
(Going Places as in: Santa is going round each home on Christmas Eve)

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge, theme is: Make Your Mark
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.ca/2014/07/chnc-challenge-184-make-your-mark.html

That Craft Place Challenge, theme is: Decorate A Bag
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/new-challenge-decorate-bag.html

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra, theme is Anything Goes (as long as it is Christmas)
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/chnc-challenge-extra-for-july-2014.html

The Sisters Of Craft Challenge, July, Theme is always Anything Goes
http://thesistersofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/sisters-of-craft-july-anything-goes.html









22 comments:

  1. great design of this gift bag.

    gr. meggi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Thank you so much Meggi for your lovely comment
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous and fabulous gift bag Marg
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much Dianne for your lovely comment
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, Marg! This is great! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that is a lovely compliment Ema, thank you so much
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 xx

      Delete
  4. Fantastic gift bag Marg, good to get a start on Christmas !! Wish I could start early......

    Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentimsnts Designs this week !!

    Good luck sweetie !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many many thanks for your lovely comment Diane, I appreciate every word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) x

      Delete
  5. What a clever idea! Thanks for playing with our anything goes challenge at Crafty Sentiments. Cathy*xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cathy, I just carried on the idea of when acetate is used as a dome on cards
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg x ;)

      Delete
  6. Marg this is such a fun and festive gift bag. Just love the falling snow effect you created.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Desire, a compliment indeed coming from a crafter who wins so many challenges, you are the talented one!!
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for entering your lovely creation for CHNC challenge 184 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much Hazel, I will enter in to the other challenge, thanks for letting me know. I cant wait to see if I win again... ;) lol
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg ;0 xx

      Delete
  8. super creative and well put together, thanks for sharing over on artistic inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you Theresa, I really appreciate your lovely words.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) x

      Delete
  9. Great gift bag..Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your fab comment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) xx

      Delete
  10. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for July - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. superb! thankyou for entering the sisters of craft blog challenge. michelle dt x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute entry, thanks for taking part in the Sisters Of Craft challenge. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This would make anyone smile - its lovely
    Thank you for entering in the Sisters of Craft challenge
    Pixie (DT member)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.