Thursday, 5 June 2014

Crafty Ribbon DT card........Challenge 92


Hiya peeps,

A new challenge for Crafty Ribbons Blog, this time the theme is Butterflies & ribbons (of course its got to have ribbons on there somewhere!!!)...

I went for a completely different look for me when I used a Tonic die from a set I brought sometime ago & have looked at them completely a few times but this was the first time that I have used one of them (I think). I decided all along that I wanted to leave it white & was going to do a black & white card but then saw the beautiful papers from LOTV (the paper pad was a freebie with a craft magazine recently).  The butterflies on the die I coloured with Sakura glitter pens & that was a mistake due to the lines where the ink has settled, The separate butterflies are cut from Spellbinder dies and coloured with promarkers & then topped with Sakura gelly roll glitter pens but it still left lines.... I wont be using the gelly roll pens to cover large areas again after this as Im not happy with the whole effect now.
The ribbons are from Crafty Ribbons (of course) and I have used an ivory 16mm Grosgrain available to buy from here and a buttercup coloured swiss dotty grosgrain 10mm wide is available to buy from here which is what I layered on top.
Dont forget to check out our Challenge Blog ;0 xxxx







2 comments:

  1. You might be able to go over the butterflies with Promarker to hide the lines, or do what I do in extreme circumstances - cover in glitter glue lol. Pretty colours Marg.

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cazzy, That has given me the idea, I could use my metallic Aquamarkers to go over them... Thanks hun. I wanted them to shine & with Promarkers they wont. I really appreciate everything youve said that though.
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg ;) xxx

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.