Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Back to the land of Dinosaurs....


Good Morning peeps....

This post is about a Birthday card I made a while ago but never blogged!!! Im hoping it still counts in the blog challenges that I wish to enter.

It is a commission order for a 4 year old boys birthday who loves watching the film
"Jurassic Park"!!!  No cartoon dinosaurs were the order of the day so I reverted to a trusty
cdrom by Robert Addams and it is just called Dinosaurs. Such really good value as there is a complete range from cartoon to silhouette to real life complete with the scenery.  It wasnt hard
for me to choose an image as I wanted to make it really scary, hopefully anyway!!  As it was quite large too I had to make an envelope for the card so I used a piece of 12x12 inch patterned paper which is very much a young childs birthday stuff as its covered with loads of balloons on it ;)
The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons and is from as little as £1 for 1.5mtr!!! Its available in Horses, Dogs, Cats Rabbits & Dinosaurs and each are available in various colourways.... An animal for every child???
I added Pinflair Craft Glaze to the eye so its more lifelike & the image was coloured with Graph It pens. I hope you like it as much as Dan did... ;0 xx

I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Tuesday Throwdown #201 of which the theme is Dinosaurs
http://tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/tuesday-throwdown-201-dinosaurs.html










10 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Marg! Love both the card and the envelope. :-D How perfect for our theme at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you NannaConnie, I really appreciate your lovely comment. I thought it was perfect for your challenge too!
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) x

      Delete
  2. Loving your Jurasic Park themed card- and bet your little one LOVED this fun card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shelly for your lovely comment. My stepdaughters friends son really did enjoy the card..
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  3. Marg this is wonderful. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week use a Dinosaur on your card.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Linda, I really appreciate every single word
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  4. I saw your card over at Tuesday Throwdown - This is so darn cute. Love that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiy Nancy in Iowa,
      Thank you so much for visiting my blog & commenting so lovely on my Dino card. I made up that sentiment, so thank you again... I really appreciate every single word...
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  5. I saw your card while I was browsing my blog feed and had to come get a closer look. This is fantastic, Marg! I am so loving that dino! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Ema, lol thank you so much!!! I really do appreciate your compliment!!!
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 xxx

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.