Friday, 13 June 2014

A small white van man at work.......



Hiya peeps,

A bit late in the afternoon/early evening & I thought whilst Im waiting for a Window guy to call round so he can measure the inside of all my windows so they can be replaced with double glazing & disabled openings.
The challenge at Polkadoodles this fortnight is "All About The Men" challenge week 22 which ends on June 17th..
The card I created is actually a commission order that I had to make for a regular customer, this card was ordered along side 3 other cards, a husband, Mom & a Grandma, all Birthdays too!! 
I used a fairly new digi stamp called Handyman Dave I needed a Plasterer image as the customers husband has his own Plastering Business. (His van doesnt have any graphics or writing on it else I would have really enjoyed trying to write on the small van).  As I needed a plasterer, I had to cut the tool box & saw away... so I downloaded (permission free) from google the plaster tools & then cut out & glued them in to place... Works a treat doesnt it??
 The ribbon is from Crafty Ribbons, the sentiment words (Happy Birthday) are die cut from Tattered Lace dies, and the other word (Dad) is cut from a die set that I brought from Robert Addams All Occasion Dies complete with Mummy and Daddy, Step, &, Son, Daughter all of which are available in 2 sizes both the word "and" + "&" are dies too). I cut the Daddy word down to make Dad as you also could do that with Mummy.

I coloured the plasterer man in a combinations of Promarkers, Flexmarkers & Graph It pens. The main colour of the overalls & his hat is a Flexmarker in Antique White.  
I hope you like it.... (as much as my customer did). 


I am entering this card in to the following challenges:

Digi Choosday Challenge wk 22 theme is All About The Men





6 comments:

  1. Great card thanks for joining in at crafting at the weekend and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Isobel, your lovely comment is really appreciated
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful creation ..Thankyou for joining us at the crafty girls challenge blog..good luck ..Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anita, a lovely comment which is appreciated.
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous card, love everything and what a great verse..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine Challenge and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lozzy, I appreciate every single word. Im hoping to join in again
      at your challenge.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.