Saturday, 21 June 2014

A distressed card, a change for me!!.....


Hiya peeps

Its time for a new challenge over at Stampin' For The Weekend Challenge Blog and the theme for this challenge number 12 is Anything Goes but we still used the very kind sponsors images from The Paper Nest Dolls.
From the range of their images I chose to use Teddy bear Emma.  
I also took the time & effort to create a distressed look card with a lot of detailing on it. And if I do say so myself, Ive done a brilliant job! I love the whole card & how it looks. 
Just some of what I used:
The card is an 8 x 8 inch square covered in a beautiful damask type brown paper from a craft magazine early last year
Die cut shapes distressed edged with ink
lace, 2 different types & colours plus a hessian open weave "band" 
a pink ribbon added down the length of the card
A die cut strip in cream card to add depth & pattern to the fold edge 
Distressed flowers of different sorts
and coloured Teddy Bear Emma with a mixture of Promarkers & a few Graph It pens

I hope you like this creation, its not like me to like a distressed card, but for a change I love this & even my teenage daughter commented on how lovely it is.... 
Enter your creation on our lovely challenge blog here
Thank you for being a fan of my page & taking the time to read through my posts.. I really appreciate every single one of you ;0 xxx

I have to say, with a sad heart, that this challenge is our last one. Stampin' For The Weekend Challenge Blog will be no longer after the winners of this challenge are announced. As it is our 
last one, (due to family commitments by our coordinator & the rest of the DT), there is a special prize being offered. 












6 comments:

  1. You should be pleased with it Marg, it's fabulous. So many gorgeous embellishments and a very pretty image. Has been nice being part of the team with you over at SFTW, hope to see more of you over in blogland {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Del, you are sweet, thank you so much. I too have really enjoyed working with you & the rest of the team. You will see me in Blogland!!
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      M xxx ;0

      Delete
  2. Marg you did a bang up job with this card, it is way over the top. It has been such a pleasure to see you grow on this team, your confidence still isn't quite up to where your talent is, but that's kind of a good thing.
    Keep crafting away, no matter life throws at you, take a day off if you need to but keep plugging with this cause this is the only thing that keeps us sane. Take classes, try other mediums, do whatever feels right and if people criticize just pay attention to the stuff that rings true to you and filter out the rest cause we do this for us not for them.
    Like Dorothy said to the Scarecrow, I think I'll miss you most of all.
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Chris, thank you so much for all of your lovely advice/comments. I do appreciate every single word. Yes, my confidence is not fully up to where my talent is, but how is that a good thing? As for missing me most of all, that is so lovely of you to say, but we are both of Facebook so we can still keep in touch there. I will check with Rebekah that she might consider keeping the group open for us to catch up with each other?
      {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} with love
      Marg ;0 xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card and thanks for sharing. Been lovely working with you on SFTW challenge, all the best for the future see you around craft blogland cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Sue,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I too, have enjoyed working with all of you on the team.
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg ;0 xxx

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.