Sunday, 25 May 2014

The Lion & A Lamb


Me again peeps and yes, Ive got another creation for you.

This time by the talented Gerda Steiner and this is a free image she has given out so we
can enter her Blog Challenge here
I chose a simple landscape card with just a piece of slightly embossed looking pink ribbon called Cubist Light Pink bargain roll of 10m for just £1 and its a good width at 15mm. I brought this from a clearance section of Crafty Ribbons (that link will take you right to the ribbon itself on their fabulous jam packed website!!!).

To coordinate with the light pink ribbon I chose a pink card from Papermill Direct. Its called Baby Pink at 240gsm weight. I also chose an odd sheet of yellow card that I had which matches perfectly with the darker parts of the lion... The only other item that I found in my own stash is the "hi" sentiment which I know is from Polkadoodles as it was on a sheet with other sentiments. I just coloured the outer edge in a grass green (the same colour pen as the "grass" under the lion & lamb) to go with the rest of the card, but Im thinking as an after thought that maybe it was the wrong colour green!!!
I wanted to make this as a Clean & Simple card and so I didnt add anything else....
I hope you like this cute little card as much as I do (if not please contact me via my email or leave a comment below). If, however, you do like it, I would really appreciate you sharing this blog or my Facebook page please ;0 x

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Gerda Steiner Blog Challenge,/must use the image Lion & Lamb
https://gerda-steiner.squarespace.com/challenge2/

Rhedd and Rosie Challenge Blog/No Flowers & Nothing Floral
http://rheddandrosies.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/33rd-challenge-no-flowersnothing-floral.html








8 comments:

  1. Thank you April, for taking the time to visit my blog
    & for your lovely comment
    {{hugs}}
    Marg ;0 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely simple card. The colours work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mrs Quilter. I love clean & simple cards every so often
      & yes, I thought the colours work well together which is why I use this combination
      sometimes on my creations.
      {{hugs}}
      Marg x ;0

      Delete
  3. Fab card, such a cute image, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Zoe
      Many many thanks for your lovely comment & my apologies for not replying sooner, my email usually notifies me when someone comments & I try to reply within 24 hours!!!
      I appreciate your lovely comment anyway
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) x

      Delete
  4. Aw so sweet! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd and Rosie’s challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Melissa,
      Many many thanks for your lovely comment, I appreciate every word.
      My apologies for not replying sooner, my email usually notifies me when someone comments & I try to reply within 24 hours!!!
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.