Saturday, 15 March 2014

Challenge 5 at Stampin For The Weekend Blog.....


Good morning peeps... its now 3.30am and as I fell asleep in my chair at around 8pm I am now wide awake so I thought I would write this.  
I hope you all are well today?  Im ok at the moment, I finally have my health on side with my head lately but I know its only down to the vitamin D capsules & Folic Acid tablets that my doctor prescribed for me to take every day. 

Right, on the challenge for the fortnight... The theme is Anything Goes!!!!
This theme is so popular that I certainly dont envy the member of our Design Team that has to comment on all the entries that we will have.. yes we DO visit all the blogs, commenting on as many as possible. There aren't that many obstacles that stop us but the main one is the verification box as this takes up so much of our time (and believe me, we don't have enough time really but we do it because we love crafting).

For my creation this time I decided to use card that I had just used for a competition on Facebook on the Lacy Sunshine group. (I wont know the results for a couple of weeks). 
The image is from Heather Valentin who is the owner & creator of Lacy Sunshine Stamps who designs, I admit, are gorgeous. I know they are a lot like a certain other so called "creator/designer" of other characters from the Sherri Baldy camp. This is another story (a long one too) where the outcome is good for Lacy Sunshine.

The image on my card below is called Amelia from the Lady Heather Curiosities collection
and is a real joy to colour with my Promarkers and Graph It alcohol markers,
oh, and a little touch of glitter effect from a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in the "colour" of Clear Star. 
I decided to create a clean & simple card so after a good fe minutes thinking of a nice background I suddenly came across a largish piece of black card, 
part of the range at Crafters Companion. 
I then chose a beautiful silk ribbon in the colour of Strawberry Glaze pink seam binding 
from a wonderful company called The Ribbon Girl, wrapping this really soft ribbon 
around the piece of black card & securing it in the right place & then creating a 
chocolate box 4 layer bow & sticking it down.  
Pink stick on faux gems from Mei Flower in the colour of Barbie Pink. 
The base card is the White Linen effect from Papermill Direct.

I hope you like my finished card and will join in with our challenge this fortnight over at 






8 comments:

  1. Very well done - I let this image scare me, but you absolutely got it right!!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, thanks Lyn, I really enjoy these types of images as im a rock girl at heart & my teenage daughter is a trending goth
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg x ;)

      Delete
  2. Love this, she's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catz, yes she is a cutie pie!!!
      I adore colouring Lacy Sunshine stamps
      {{{hugs}}} for commenting, I appreciate it
      Marg ;) x

      Delete
  3. Adorable card, Marg! One of my fave images and you've done such a lovely job with her! xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna, I appreciate your lovely comment
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  4. This is Great Marg! I love it:) Haunting Beautiful!
    Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Heather. I really appreciate your lovely comment.
      I adore your designs & this certainly wont be my last creation using them.
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg ;0 xx

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.