Saturday, 18 January 2014

Stampin' For The Weekend Blog Challenge #1......


Stampin' For The Weekend blog challenge number 1, the first challenge of 2014 and the theme is Happy Birthday. We have a sponsor for this challenge, Live and Love Crafts but
I have used the freebie image below by The Paper Nest Dolls. (This link will take you through to the image on their website). 

I thought I would colour the animals in as though they are stuffed toys so I could choose alternative colours for them (I prefer, as many people know, to colour my cards to the nearest colour match I can to real life). It was logical to me, that being a stuffed toy image that I would use it for a younger child's birthday hence the number 1 in the topper (right hand top corner). Obviously also, for a younger child, the brighter the colours used, the better so I used a lovely spring green & bright yellow cards from my own stash. I used Promarkers & Graph It pens with touches of Sakura Gelly Roll Glitter pen in a "clear star" colour. All card stock used was purchased from Papermill Direct website

Making the easel card was the next step with gold glitter peel off letters spelling out Happy Birthday on the width way stopper, finishing off with Stickles glitter glue in mint green to form 3 drops to the left side & a stitching effect around the number one topper.

You can find our challenge blog here: Stampin' For The Weekend blog and good luck with your entry (should you decide to enter...go on!! You might just win) ;0 

I am entering this creation into the following challenges:

Deep Ocean Challenge Blog: The theme is: Birthday
http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.de/2014/01/challenge-69-birthday.html

Seize The Birthday Challenge Blog: The theme is: Colouring
http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/2014/01/who-likes-to-color.html 















10 comments:

  1. This is so cute and fun. Love the the little critters and easel design.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Desire, its always lovely to read your comments ;)
      Hope you are well?
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg x ;)

      Delete
  2. Really adorable card...so glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday! Hope to see you again soon! Love easel cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Nancy, thank you for your lovely comment
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg x ;)

      Delete
  3. This is so adorable. Love the cute animals. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, thank you so much for your lovely comment
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg x ;)

      Delete
  4. Very cute. Thanks for entering our DT Call at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikki, A lovely comment & I appreciate it
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) x

      Delete
  5. What a charming card! Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE. Good luck and please play with us again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patty Sue, I really appreciate your lovely comment
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.