Saturday, 21 December 2013

SFTW challenge blog post No 26.... NOT a card either!!!

Challenge 26 Dec 20th Anything Goes with Rick St Dennis as the sponsor.
For this challenge I certainly didn't want to make just a card with the delightful image that I received from the sponsor for being on the Design Team. Stardust Sprinkling Elf is a beautifully drawn image, as are the rest of what I have seen on his website... Rick St Dennis has gone up immensely in my opinion as a fantastic, detailing artist!!  I shall, for sure, be purchasing more of his images asap.
I had brought the 15x15cm alterable frame (photographed image below) at a cost of £1.49!!! from That Craft Place (via their Facebook page but this link takes you to the website). I painted it with gesso white acrylic paint to give it a base & then added 2 colours of normal acrylic paint to give it a background, adding Spray Mist (golden haze) to give the background a beautiful sheen to it especially when held up to the light. I coloured the elf with a mixture of Graph It & Promarker pens adding some glitter pen to his waistcoat. I am really pleased as to how he turned out!!  The outer edge of the frame was painted in a copper glitter paste from Pinflair. I fully recommend the glitter paste, its so beautiful to work with wether its with a brush (which is what I used) or a palette knife through a mask, which is on my to do list for the new year.
I decorated the frame with different lace/ribbons, some coloured sleigh bells, mini ones, that I had in my stash along with the charms, snowflakes, buttons with Santa on, Snowman wooden buttons that I painted white and finally the rubbery type candy cane with Merry Christmas on it.
The finishing touch, and to keep the dust off, will be an acetate cover which I will add before I put all my craft stash away for the few days that I will not be crafting (even though I have birthday cards to make & post).
A different picture that I can fetch out each year and place along side my other decorations many Christmas' to come!!!

Click on this link to go to the challenge.....Stamping For The Weekend challenge blog



I am entering this "picture" into the following challenges:

Through The Craft Room Door Blog Challenge:
Theme is Anything Goes at Through The Craft Room Door via this link: http://ttcrd.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/ttcrd-challenge-december-17-23_16.html

The Squirrel and The Fox Challenge Blog:
Theme is Christmas or Hanukkah at The Squirrel and The Fox via this link:
http://www.thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/c-christmas-or-hanukkah.html

That Craft Place Challenge Blog:
Theme is Christmas at That Craft Place via this link:
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/new-challenge-christmas.html




















4 comments:

  1. What a cute project, you certainly have put a lot of work into it ... it is beautiful. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you so much Anne, I appreciate your lovely comment.
      {{{{hugs}}}} for a Merry Christmas
      Love Marg ;0 x

      Delete
  2. Love those little jingle bells. :) What a wonderful Christmas project to share with us at The Squirrel and The Fox. It's fabulous! Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa... those jingle bells are so lovely and make it even more interesting because of the sounds that they make when the frame is moved...
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Love Marg ;0 x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.