Saturday, 2 November 2013

DT card for Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog # 7

Good Afternoon peeps

Yes its that time, for Crafting Musketeers new challenge and this month's challenge is very kindly sponsored by Little Claire's Stamps !!!! Such a wonderful website and beautiful stamps (both digis & rubber)!!!! 
The images & sentiment I used are from the Butterfly Flourish stamp set and is so beautiful that it is hard not to love.
This card that I made for this challenge, is so large it measures 20.5cm x 24.5cm!!!
I used 2 A4 sheets of Papermill Direct "sky blue" card (250gsm) and folded one piece at the DL fold line and then glued that to the other piece. I then cut it down in size before using a "new" Martha Stewart border punch that I have brought from a Facebook friend (along with the matching corner punch as its a punch-around-the-page set). The mounting pieces of card with the sentiment and butterfly are cut from the a Spellbinder die set (but I hate to say that I cant remember which set it is as I don't keep the packaging).
The last thing to go on the front was the 2 Chocolate Box ribbon bows with tails in white grosgrain.
On the inside, I stamped the 2 butterflies on to a piece of pale blue card (again from Papermill Direct) and then stamped around them both with the 2 different "greenery flourishes" that are included in the set. I coloured the images with soft pastel Promarkers and then edged the whole set with my new Pan Pastels!!!!! I matt & layered with a pearlescent paper and then stuck that to the pastel pink card which was finished off with the same white grosgrain ribbon along the width of the pink card.
Overall a beautiful card even if I say so myself!!! ;)
Please comment below, if you do like it/ if you would like to know more about this card or if you would like me to make you a card or something else... ;)








 


2 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Marg, I love the butterfly image and layout. The colour combination is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anet for your lovely compliment! I appreciate every single word. I am being honest when I say it was a real joy to create & the stamps are real good to use
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.