Saturday, 2 November 2013

Commision Order (one of four).... October 2013



Hiya peeps. I know, a good few days since my last blog!  Well, I don't think you will
be disappointed by the card I have detailed & shown below. I, for one, am completely
pleased with the result, as I never did think it would come out so well.
It is an 8 x 8 inch white card stock base with a printed insert of a lovely verse as the card is
from an 88 year old mum to her daughter. The theme to the card is because the daughter loves
to sew, more so quilting I was told so I am really hoping that both mum & daughter love the
finished result.

A list of ingredients:
2 x A4 sheets white smooth 225 gsm card stock (mine was from Papermill Direct)
image in black & white was downloaded from Google as I searched for sewing
Backing papers (6x6 inch) from Craft Creations called Make & Mend in a 24 sheet pack

The tag is made from a new die set from Tonic Studios Ltd., which I backed with a silver
foil flourish embossed card from my own stock. The die set is called Indulgence Mannequin
Tag Die and is made to fit in to the Indulgence Chic Antique Oval Tag die or the Indulgence
Tres Belle Tag Square. There are more dies made to fit into the Oval or Square as they are
multi use. Check out the Tonic Studios website for more details.

Charms: sewing machine (complete with Singer on it), tape measure and scissors  along
with the miniature (flat backed) cotton reels are from a website/Facebook page/shop front
called That Craft Place. Their shop front is in Eastbourne, West Sussex (contact details are
on their website including phone number). 

The sentiment "Special Daughter" was stamped with a new stamps set brought out by
Stamps Away Completely Relative Stamp Set - Includes 53 Stamps. Its a fabulous set and I
fully recommend it as I will use every single one of those including the "step".


I fully recommend That Craft Place shop/website. Even though I don't live anywhere near Sussex, their customer services from the Facebook page is wonderful. I have yet to see any other shop
that offers the choice, the personal touch, the extra bit that both partners in life & work
(Lisa & Danny) give to every customer.


That is enough gabbling from me today.. I hope you still like the card, it is one of 4 cards to the same customer of mine.  Have a fabulous weekend peeps!! ;)













No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.