Saturday, 14 September 2013

DT application for a manufacturing company's blog....


Good Evening peeps,

This creation of mine is entitled "Autumnal Dream" and is created using rubber stamps from Creative Expressions. It is an 8.25 x 8.25 inch square and using Papermill Direct card for the base card (using 2 x A4 pieces of white linen effect card at 225gsm) and topping that with bright orange smooth card at 250gsm as a bright layer to work on.
I then topped the orange card with a brown & gold foil effect embossed card from Hunkydory to add some dimension & pattern to the matt & layering. This was then topped with a pale lemon pearlescent card, a layer of beige dotty embossed card from my own stash and then finally adding the stamped images which are worked on a white smooth card.
I stamped the leaves stamps with a mixture of Memento inks including orange, red, green & sand colours and stamped them in some sort of order. I wanted to give the impression of fallen leaves but also as a background paper effect.  I then stamped the tree image with a brown Memento ink and went over the outlines & small amounts of shading with a Walnut Promarker. This was done to bring out the tree image so it stands out of the card more than the leaves. The next stage was to stamp an ivy trail in green Archival ink, followed by stamping the sentiment that came with the set, again in brown Memento ink to the left of the tree. The fabric sticker that I matt & layered in the same bright orange card as the card itself was stuck down using foam pads. This sticker is from my own stash as is the word "Autumn". I must admit, as an after thought, was to add real life acorns, a conker & dead leaves that I had collected late last year & had put away safe so I had to go rummaging in my stash which is still packed away from when I had my disability adaptations work done late last year. (That's a very long story & as to why my stash is still not sorted)...
I hope you like the finished project.... ;)
I am entering this card in to the blog challenge for a Design Team application for Papermill Direct manufacturing company's blog & challenge blog. Wish me luck please... ;) xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.