Sunday, 15 September 2013

A card using a designer that I havent used for a long time.....


It has been such a long time since I used an image by the wonderful designer & artist Joanna Sheen, as I had brought her latest cd rom set about a month ago I decided to see if there was an image on one of the 3 discs that I thought would be suitable for a 50th birthday.  I wanted to create a lovely cute ish card for one of my dearest friends, Julie, who is 50 later this month. Julie & I used to work together, f& lived just round the corner from each other. We worked together for almost 4 years but we are still good friends some 20+ years.  I wanted to make Julie a special card as we have been through so much together, more so when we worked together but little things since & not just because she is a real friend.....

 
 
 
The Triple cd rom of House Mouse Collection is pictured above if you are not sure which one I am on about.


I fell in love with the card when I had finished it & I hope you like it as much as I do. I had no idea what size or type of card I wanted to create for a special friends birthday, more so, her 50th!!!! lol.

I chose a beautiful design on Disc 2, which has the Mice & Friends, At Home, Just For Fun, At The Seaside, Sweet Treats and everyday decoupage, bookmarks sentiments & embellishments.
I looked through all the images first & then decided on what image I wanted to use. I decided and chose the matching backing paper too. The pink backing paper & both the sentiment in the center of the ribbon tied card and the oval shaped sentiment on the front are from another cd by a different designer. The flowers, faux pearl flowers, the fabric flowers, the organza ribbon and the white card base are all from my own stash.
The card was a real joy to make & I really hope that Julie loves it as much as me. I think it deserves a box though as I have to post it... only 35 miles away but with not driving anymore I cant hand deliver it. I do wish I could though as I would love to see both Julie & her husband, Rob.

I am entering this into the following blog challenges:

Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog: The theme is "Ribbons" lots of them apparently!
http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/ribbons_8.html

















2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Marg. I love the design and colours and such a cute little house mouse!

    Thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Challenge this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorraine,
      Thank you for your lovely comment,
      I appreciate every single word
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.