Saturday, 7 September 2013

2 cards for boys (or young guys)

Good Evening Peeps,
 

Yes, two cards for boys/young guys tonight. The first one is a card I have made for my only step grandson. I have 2 grandsons, one step grandson & 4 step granddaughters & another step grandchild on the way... that is what happens when you take on someone else's children for almost 10 years. There are 4 step kids but I only lived with 3 of them but out of those 3, the 2 daughters are the ones with the children.  Cameron is the only boy & also the eldest out of the step grandchildren. He has been competing in Motor Cross for the past few years & last year came up trumps with winning the age group for the area that he competes in. I am very proud of him (and of all the kids, young & old)
but Motor Cross is such an expensive sport.
Anyway, for his 12th birthday card I wanted to use a sporty image for him & this Kenny K downloads image is the perfect one. I coloured him in Promarkers, Graph It alcohol pens & Sakura glitter and metallic pens giving the edge on the bike & his protective gear including protective suit.
The easel card was made using Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circles & plain circles of the same range of cutting dies. The smaller circles were cut using the standard Nestabilities dies range from Spellbinders again.  The finishing touch were the die cut words from the Tattered Lace sentiments die set & the little silver coloured bike charm. 
 
 

I am entering this Kenny K Motor Cross easel card into the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss Challenge #200 - Anything goes
http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-200-anything-goes.html

The ABC Challenge Blog, U for Unlimited
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/u-for-unlimited.html

Five Simple Things #119 - Anything Goes
http://asimplefive.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/inspire-me-fridays-119-anything-goes.html

Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/dt-call-and-challenge-23.html

Parade Your Crafts - Anything Goes
http://paradeyourcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/pyc-3-challenge-anything-goes.html

Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-28-anything-goes.html

Sweet Stampin - Got The Blues
Sweet Stampin - via Bloglovin (the link is too long to leave as the original)

Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/september-anything-goes-challenge.html

My Mums Craft Shop Challenge #9 - Boys Only
http://mymumscraftshop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-9-boys-only.html


The next card is one that is for sale, I made a couple of weeks ago but I have not posted on here before. It is made from the Hunkydory "Cards For Boys" card making kit.
I folded an A4 sheet of card into a tri fold card base & added bits from the kit to form the layout as in the photos below. The verse I found on a Hallmark Design Studio software that I have installed on my laptop. This is a large card measuring roughly 8 x 8 & half inches when folded for the envelope.
There is nothing else to say about this card apart from:
yo ho matey and a bottle of rum ;)







18 comments:

  1. Cute card, love the shape. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is lovely of you Louise, Thank you.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy seeing masculine cards! great design Marg!
    both are fabulous!!
    Thank you so much for sharing @ Inspire Me Fridays!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria & Thank you so much for your lovely comments.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous boy cards! Love the shape and image of the first one! Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Chris & Thank you so much for your lovely comments.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  4. This is a great card Marg and I am sure he will love it. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Catherine,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I appreciate
      every single word
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  5. This is fantastic! Thank you for joining us at Parade Your Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, your lovely comment is appreciated
      very much.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  6. Super cute card...thanks for joining Sister Act with a wonderful creation...HUGS...SK :)
    SKdigis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sonia, I value & appreciate your comment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  7. What a great project, very cute!! We appreciate you taking the time to join joining our Sept Anything Goes Challenge at CTB! Hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tammy for your lovely comment.
      {{{hug}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes Challenge” with Bugaboo Stamps! Just loved your card, and hope to see more of your work in future challenges!

    Bugaboo Stamps DT
    Jenn Zeeb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Jenn. I
      really appreciate every single word. I will try my
      best to join in more, but it depends on the level of
      customer orders & DT cards I have got to make..
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  9. What a Fabulous creation!
    Thanks so much for playin’ along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our newest Indian Summer challenge beginning today! We hope you’ll play along!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you for your lovely comment Min,
      I value every word.
      {{{{hugs}}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.