Saturday, 17 August 2013

Red & White for a special dear friend of over 25 years....


Good Afternoon peeps.

I was so tired when we got home last night.... when my teenage daughter & I finally walked in at 10.30pm, (after a craft fair in aid of MacMillan Cancer which was definitely my last selling event ever) my lovely beautiful dog Reggie noticed that we had brought him some balloons home for him to play with, so we gave him two, one after the other & he had trampled all over my craft stash that is on the floor in my kitchen so 20 minutes later after clearing a path through, I finally went to bed at 10.45pm & woke up almost 8&half hours later! I was still very tired but the mess on the floor will have to wait - until I have the energy to tidy it up properly!!! Well, Ive got a safe route through the kitchen so my health comes first.  Last night was a fabulous event though, over £900 was raised with still some more monies to come in. I am very proud to have been a part of that wonderful event. I also got to see my eldest daughter, hubby & their youngest son at the event as they are on the committee of the Lichfield Cricket & Hockey club where they also have a Rugby team play (for which my son-in-lay plays for & my youngest grandson plays Hockey for).
Back to why Im posting this, a recent make of mine, (I actually made 3 cards in one day!!) for a change lol. I wanted to make a gorgeous card for a dear friend of mine, we've been friends for over 25 years now & our daughters used to play together when they were little, we also worked together which is how we became firm friends. I can always rely on Jackie to bring me joy, happiness & security of what friends are for whenever I need it.
The card is in the colours of her favourite football team (Stoke City FC). I used a favourite image of mine to colour which is "Bubbles" from Polkadoodles, using Promarkers & Graph It pens to give some life to her. Its a large 8 x 8 inch card which is why I chose the Kanban Spider Netting to go behind the image & embellishments. Sadly Kanban are no longer manufacturing as a company but I do believe that another company is producing something very similar to this netting. The frame surrounding the image is from a new purchase of mine from a company called Cheery Lynn Designs but purchased from a shop here in the UK (If you would like details please email me).
If you would like further information about any of the items that I have used on this card then please email me or comment below with your email address & I will reply asap. Thank you ;) x

Oh I almost forgot, as its Saturday, don't forget that My Crafty Heart blog are having their usual giveaway. You only have to link your blog & name to be in the chance to win!



I am entering this card in to the following blog challenges:

The Ribbon Girl, Its a colour theme this month of August, and its RED!! 
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/august-colour-challenge.html



 




2 comments:

  1. That is a pretty card Marg, I like the doodles behind the girl too.

    Well done on the fete.

    Is this a new blog? Looks different.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cazzy, thanks. The doodles behind the girl are actually butterflies (I know you cant see them very well).
      The blogs only difference is that Ive just changed the top photo to the birthday card I made for my eldest daughter.
      Thanks re the fete...it makes a change for me to make a profit!

      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.