Monday, 12 August 2013

Design Team Application for a challenge blog


Yes, Im applying for another Design Team, for Crafting Musketeers. The only condition is that
you enter the challenge for this month & you must use the sketch provided.

I decided to use an image that I had already brought from the challenge sponsor's this month, Delicious Delights, and stamped a lovely phrase from a set I found (by Hobby Art) I had never used!! The phrase states: "The Landscape belongs to the person who looks at it" I think its really beautiful.

The sketch layout is very basic but very workable., so I decided to use pastel/pale blues as I had
printed the sketch out using blue ink (Ive literately got no black ink left so used the colour cartridge), which, considering the image is based around the boat & water, is a good choice.
I first scored an 4 sheet of pale blue card brought from www.papermilldirect.com & then folded
the card in half to form the tent style pictured below.
I then matt & layered using a darker blue card from Brazill basics range of 12 x 12 inch card, added the layer of the same blue card to go down the left hand side of the card, added 3 faux pearl drops to the bottom of the piece (as per the sketch) & topped that (with foam pads to add height) with the image I had already matt & layered with the same blue card.
All together?? A very clean & simple card that is very suitable for any man. This also, obviously, can
be personalised on the front, I suggest under the image itself or even down the blue card at the side of such image.
Please contact me if you would like to buy this card. All prices do include a high grade quality soft sheen pearlescent paper with a printed verse or left blank. If printed, the verse/wording will be in a coordinating blue coloured ink and will be despatched to you in a sealed cello bag, along with an  high quality envelope.  The price for this card including personalisation (if required) & postage
is £3.50. Postage is only included for all UK addresses, overseas buyers can you please contact me first, with your full address, so I can obtain actual postage costs. My email address is on my "about me" section.
I hope you like this "Clean and Simple" card as much as I do. ;)

Please carry on reading after the 2 photos of the card that I have uploaded, this is for information about me & why I craft.

I am also entering this in to the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog #4
http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/welcome-to-challenge-4.html





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi, to be considered for the Design Team member application I have to write a small bit about myself, other DT's etc... so here goes;
 
I am Margaret, a disabled single parent to a 16 year old daughter. I also have an elder daughter, aged 32, who is now married & has 2 lovely sons (they live approx. 6 miles away). I am 52 years old tomorrow (13th August) and have various disabling health issues inc an inherited genetic die called Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome (a lesser known form of Muscular Dystrophy that attacks the nervous system. I craft because I am unable to work anymore due to all of my disabilities. It keeps my mind occupied, is restful & yet also beautiful & enjoyable with all the lovely craft items that I get to play with lol.
Ive always been creative anyway, but I know I just cant sit & watch television or on the laptop all day everyday, equally I am unable to work due to immense pain. I used to sell at craft events but I have had to give up driving so I just sell online alongside making for family & friends.
My creative streak has always been with me, (drawing, sewing, cross stitch) but only the last 5+ years have I been creating cards good enough to sell. I have got a lot more creative & better over the years....
Creating a papercraft project now, I'm very lucky that I can pick up a piece of scrap craft material & put a card together using that one piece., equally though, I can follow a sketch &/or theme to the letter or diversify when needed. I have no particular style, but I can honestly say, that I do love stamping & colouring with alcoholic pens (Promarkers/Flexmarkers/Graph It pens) & occasionally with watercolour pencils.  I mainly use a rubber stamp but I do, sometimes, depending on the card I am going to make, use a digital stamp.
  I was on the DT for Quirky Crafts, (http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk) on the guise as a
Guest Designer for 2 months. I really enjoyed that term as it presented some quirky images to
work with! I have been asked to apply again when ever I wish & if a permanent position becomes
available it will be offered to me.  ;)
 
I am presently on the DT for DigiStamps4Joy  (http://www.digistamps4joy.co.za/eshop/) where
I have been a member since May. I was taken on just to cover for another woman who had
"disappeared online" for a while. I have the choice to stay on after my initial 6 month period. .

I hope this is all the information that you need at this moment. 
Please do not hesitate to contact me if needed.
Thank you in advance & I would appreciate a reply either way
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. That is a lovely image Marg, and I like the blue and white card which sets it off perfectly. Good Luck!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cazzy and thank you so much.
      I enjoyed making a CAS card & the blue is a
      lovely colour to work with
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg x ;)

      Delete
  2. hi Marg!lovely card!! thank you for entering over at the Crafting Musketeers! Nicole DT XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Nicole, What a lovely comment, thank you.
      I appreciate every word
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg x ;)

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.