Sunday, 7 July 2013

New Digi Stamp release on ...Sunday 7th July 2013

 Good Morning from a very warm & sunny Burntwood in Staffordshire (UK). Im going to spend quite a bit of time at my craft table today...


Im late in posting this on the DigiStamps4Joy page so Im just posting it on here so you can still access the blog & see all the wonderful Design Team's projects using this gorgeous stamps called "Misteri all dressed up" drawn by the talented artist JenLee...

I printed off Misteri all dressed up, on to 160gsm paper & after colouring her in using my Promarkers I cut it out using one of the "labels 1" die from Spellbinders. My mind was made up before I knew what colour I was going to distress the edges with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink called "Bundled Sage", so the obvious choice to colour Misteri's clothes in was shades of green. I then cut an identical sized label 1 & stuck the coloured image onto that for stability. I decided to make an easel card with a brightly coloured backing paper from a Polkadoodles cd that I own. I added a strip of white 1 inch wide crocheted effect lace topped with a quarter inch green grosgrain ribbon & bow, stuck 3 pink buttons (threaded with pale pink raffia) in the centre & the final touch was the little tag with the same green grosgrain ribbon, handwritten with "The Beauty Of Life is in it's Simplicity" sentiment.


As well as being a post to promote the new release of this beautiful image Im also entering the finished card into the following challenges:

Catch the Bug Challenge Blog where the  theme is titles: July Anything Goes: http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/july-anything-goes.html

The Ribbon Girl Challenge Blog where the theme is: Add A Bow
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/july-card-challenge.html

That Craft Place Challenge Blog where the theme is: Ribbons &/Or Lace
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/new-challenge-ribbons-andor-lace.html?m=1















4 comments:

  1. Sweet and pretty. Love the easel fold you've used. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug for the anything goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy
      Thank you so much for your lovely compliment.
      I hope I do well in the challenge
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  2. TOO CUTE!!
    Thanks for playin’ along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Be sure to visit The Bug Blog tomorrow for the kick off of the Christmas in July Celebration!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Min,
      Thank you for a lovely compliment. I am hoping that I win but I will be entering again in the near future.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) DT member for http://digistamps4joy-sa.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.