Sunday, 14 July 2013

My eldest grandsons Birthday as he turns 13 years old......Sunday 14th July 2013



Yes I now feel so old...my eldest grandson, Jamie, is now a teenager. Thanks to my eldest daughter
Steph & hubby Martin I have the most wonderful grandsons a person could ever wish for... I love all
of their little family (even though Martin is not so little & an ideal rugby player). I cant wish for a lovelier daughter and son-in-law.

As Jamie turns 13 & Ben is 91/2 I could not be any prouder of them both. Without going into so much detail they are doing so well at school, with Jamie having to move at the February half term to another local school (as it is where his dad used to go). (Of course I love my step children & their children but my 2 girls are my life).
Steph is almost 32 & Tia is 16, Steph has been my rock through the years, shes the most level headed, wise, common sensed woman I know & has been there for me through divorce from her dad, moving home so many times & everything in between and since.... I really don't know what I would do if I cant see or talk to her on a regular basis.
Anyway, back to Jamie's card. I decided that he needed a "cool kid" card as he is one, so Kenny K's Images are perfect.
I chose the image called "Cool Boarder" (this link will take you direct to the image & from there you can navigate the whole collection of wonderful designs that Kenny K has designed).
A large card was also the main point of Jamie's card being a special year so an A4 was the only option for him.... I did however, cut the width of the card on one edge as I just felt like it. The yellowy dotty embossed paper is from Brazill Basic's collection, the dark blue & red behind the image are from the Hunkydory One For The Boy's collection. The rest of the items are from my own stash & the metallic letters were brought (on the cheap) without the makers name on.
The card base is a white 255gsm card with a hammered effect from a paper mill in the Lake District in Cumbria.
A simple card, I didn't want any fuss on the card & I know Jamie wouldn't like it if I put anything on anyway so why bother.
I hope you like it & to quote Jamie this morning "thank u so much nan for putting all your time and effort that u put in to making my card ;) ". Bless him, I love you Jamie & Ben xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.