Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Elisabeth Bell image multi fold card


Good Afternoon peeps, well another glorious day has passed, after the early rain again that is. Ive had a lovely day with my eldest daughter, hubby & youngest son visiting this lunchtime (the eldest grandson was out with his friend).  Ive had to go to bed for an hour though as I was knackered to say the least!! Oh, my new oven has been fitted too as the other one had a faulty element as it kept working loose & catching on the ceramic fan so making a horrible din! As the same model wasn't available I had a surprise of an upgrade (foc too!!).

The card I want to tell & show you today is a card I made for a friend that I have made on Facebook.
Donna is a fantastic friend & we regularly talk on the phone even though we've never met. I regard Donna with the respect that she regards me so we get on really well.
The image is from Elisabeth Bell (designed & drawn by) and is really beautiful (as are all of her illustrations), coloured with pastel Promarkers to compliment the backing papers which are from an A5 booklet that came with a magazine some years ago.
The sentiment is one that I found in my stash (www.polkadoodles.co.uk) as is the little verse (that must be a stamp but I cant remember who made it). The butterfly has been cut twice from my Spellbinders Papillion dies, once in pearlescent white card & a pearlescent lilac card. I attached the paper roses with Pinflair glue gel. The ribbon is from my own stash.
A beautiful card if I say so (again lol)...in fact most of my cards I really love.. ;)

I am entering this card in to the following blog challenges:

Brown Sugar Blog Challenge: - Anything Goes
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-51-anything-goes.html

Charisma Cardz Blog Challenge - Girly
http://charismacardz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-28-girly.html

Through the Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/2013/07/ttcrd-july-23-july-29-challenge.html

The Squirrel and The Fox - Use something spooled
http://www.thesquirrelandthefox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-48-use-something-spooled.html

The Crafter's Cafe - Anything Goes
http://www.crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/challenge-21-anything-goes.html

That Craft Place - It's A Girl Thing
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/new-challenge-its-girl-thing.html










 

12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and a wonderful trifold design.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desire,
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  2. Marg, this is beautiful I love those soft colours you used. Thanks for joining us over at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, Thank you so much for your lovely compliment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  3. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us here at The Squirrel and The Fox.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela, that's so lovely of you to say so.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  4. I am loving your card with that super sweet image!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar this week.

    Hugs,
    Linda
    Brown Sugar DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      I appreciate your lovely comment, thank you.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  5. Delightful card. Your image adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kellie, I appreciate your comment
      {{{Hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow gorgeous card, so loving the style and the image and your colouring is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog. Happy Crafting :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kezzy,
      Thank you for such a lovely comment. I appreciate every word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.