Wednesday, 31 July 2013

DigiStamps4Joy DT card for Challenge #72


Good Morning peeps.   Well its been a long few weeks since my last DT post. I don't know where to start so I wont carry on about that.

This months post over at DigiStamps4Joy Challenge Blog is set by one of our DT members, Asmah, who chose the challenge of "Fancy Folds With A Handmade Flower". 
I chose to create a 4 fold "Star" card, mainly in honour of our new royal birth-Prince George of Cambridge. Using a pale blue card that I had brought from www.papermilldirect.co.uk (along side some other colours inc white). I scored each of the 4 x A4 pieces of blue card in half to make the usual A5 portrait stand of base card. I then added 12 x 12 inch papers with one of them being the words "it's a boy" printed in white over the base colour blue. I used that 12 x 12 paper to place on 2 of the cards, another 12 x 12 paper in pale yellow with stuffed toys on one and on the last of the 4 cards I used 2 sheets of 8 x 8 inch papers again in shades of blue. All of these papers were from my own stash.
I then added the 3 digi images from our own DigiStamps4Joy shop (Babies & Toddlers folder) called A-La-Pram, Baby Tags (English but South African available) & lastly the lovely image called Nap Time. I coloured the images with Promarkers & used Graph It pens on the skin tone. On the Pram & Nap Time I also used Sakura Gelly Roll pens to add a metallic effect plus one of their glitter pens on the baby's eye lashes.
All 4 cards were stuck together to form the Star using ultra strong clear double sided tape  brought direct from the manufacturer, to aid the problem of alignment I covered the tape with a wet glue so its easier to move the card into the perfect placement. I then added the die cut flower that I had layered & stuck together with glue gel & added a flower shaped pearlescent faux flower in pale yellow.
A bit of a warning, there are 17 photos so I could capture every piece of this creation to show you properly.... ;0  Im a bit obsessive in that matter.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.