Thursday, 18 July 2013

Blue's, Flowers & Bows with "Bubbles"


Good evening peeps.

Ive had a busy couple of days here at home where Ive rested for one day then today I sat & made the following card...
I decided to celebrate seeing Nikky Hall (owner of Polkadoodles) on Create & Craft TV both this morning & the afternoon show. I was also lucky enough, to have had my email read out & then pulled out of the cup too so I will receive a card made & coloured by Nikky herself!!  Im so pleased as I have emailed in almost every time Nikky has been on demonstrating.

By celebrating I mean by using an image of one of her own digis called Bubbles which you can buy from Polkadoodles . I wanted to make her on a blue themed card so used an A3 piece of blue 250gsm card from Paper Mill Direct, which is
a company that produces top quality card, paper & envelopes.  I cut the card with my Grand Decorative Circles dies to produce a circle card but as I wanted to make an easel card I need to add another circle of the same size so I could attach the image to it. You can see I cut 3 different sizes in the Grand Decorative Circles as I wanted to matt & layer it properly.
I coloured the image using a combination of Graph It pens, Promarkers & Flexmarkers. The hat pins are a mixture brought from Ebay & a local sewing shop (which has since closed down).
The flowers are from Darice and are paper petals called finishing accents & are available in different colours. (They were amongst a prize collection of craft goodies I had won last year & I forgot all about them when my adaptations building work was about to start and that was almost a year ago!!). That's another story anyway.... I have loads of stash that I cant get to upstairs as Tia (my 16 year old messy daughter has covered my stash with all of her "stuff"....

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Fairies Challenge Blog - Theme is Flowers, Summer
http://fairieschallenges.blogspot.be/2013/07/9-flowers-summer.html

Polkadoodles & Studio 12 - Theme is Summer Fun
http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/week-28-challenge-summer-fun.html

Graph It Colour Challenge - Theme is Candy Colours
http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/12-july-week-3-candy-colours.html

The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge - Theme is Floral Frenzy
http://thepapernestdollschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/pndc-8-floral-frenzy.html

Craft-Dee-BowZ - July Challenge theme is Anything Goes And Include A Handtied Bow
http://craft-deebowz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/july-challenge.html

Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes
http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/creative-fingers-welcomes-lynne.html

Berry71Bleu July Challenge - Anything Goes
http://berry71bleu.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/july-challenge-anything-goes.html

The Ribbon Girl Blog- Theme is Colour Challenge-Blues & Whites
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/july-colour-challenge.html

Great Impressions Challenge Blog- Theme is Anything Goes
http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/july-challenge-and-june-winners.html









 




30 comments:

  1. Beautiful easel card. Wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining in at Polka Doodles "Summer Fun" challenge. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Karon,

      Many thanks for your lovely comment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful marg. I love these digis and you have colored her brilliantly. The flowers and pins finish it off perfectly.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Tracy,

      Your blog is beautiful & well presented.
      Many thanks for your lovely comment. I hope you have a wonderful weekend too. I personally shall be glad when its cooler...
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful card, great work! Thank you for entering at FAIRIES this week!
    Hugs, Jackie DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Jackie!!

      I didn't realise that you are on this DT too?? Thanks for the lovely comment though, I appreciate it very much
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) x

      Delete
  4. What an adorable easel card. You've done wonders with this digi and your coloring and layering. Thanks so much for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ July challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Donna

      Thank you for your lovely comment! I appreciate it very much
      & makes my enjoyment even more worthy ;0
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Zoe
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  6. oh I love the soft floaty feel to this gorgeous card, just fab for this image! thanks so much for joining us at Graph It Markers colour challenge, Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment Karen, thank you so much! Your comment means so much to me & I appreciate every single one too.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous easel.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angelique for your lovely comment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  8. Very sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Anupama,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment.
      I appreciate it.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  9. Cute card! Love the added embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Debbie,
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the delicate punch work! Thanks for joining the challenge at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Dana & thanks for the comment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  11. Since, I still love blowing bubbles this card definitely tickles my fancy.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Mary Anne, yes it does for me too. Its a lovely image
      from Nikky Hall at Polkadoodles.
      Thank you so much for your comment.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  12. Great make, so pretty Marg - glad the card got to you ok! Thanks for joining us at Graph'It UK challenge! Good Luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Nikky,
      Thank you for your lovely compliment.
      I appreciate every single word
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;) xx

      Delete
  13. What a fab circle easel card. Lve the extras & colour combo you have used on her & the card.

    Thanks for joining us at fairies challenge
    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lovely of you to say so Tracey.
      Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate
      every single word.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  14. Nice card Marg - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary
      Its always a pleasure to join in with anything that you do.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  15. Love the card you made! The blowing bubbles is just adorable!
    In behalf of Berry71bleu DT, thank you for joining our challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marivic for your lovely comment.
      I appreciate every single word
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.