Monday, 10 June 2013

Quirky Crafts DT card, sorry INVITATION!!


My Design Team creation for this fortnight's challenge is using images from  The Cutting Cafe

Quirky Crafts Blog for Challenge 12-Theme is FOLD IT!!

Its a handbag invitation which consists of just 2 folds!


What you need:
A3 piece of preferred colour of card measuring 35cm x 15cm
Piece of white or contrasting coloured card measuring 13.5cm x 9.5cm
2 different pieces of contrasting coloured &/or white card to add a sentiment too
Dragonfly/Butterfly or other garden related embellishment
Velcro sticky dots, 1 pair
Colour pens, pencils, watercolours, basically any colouring media
Flowers or other embellishments for the flap
Piece of ribbon for the "handle" measuring min 25cm max 50cm. (Any longer could result in strangling risk when the child tries to put it over her head)
glue or double sided tape to stick every element together
Make your own  invitation wording or download a template...if you would like my own worded picture with the presents on please leave a comment below or email me on the email address above (on my header photos).
A colour printer for printing off the invitation invite wording that you will make &
Lastly, the "Lets Take A Ride" images from The Cutting Café



I used an A3 piece of pink card, cutting it to the dimensions of 35cm x 15cm.
I scored at 15cm intervals which left me with a 5cm flap. I stuck pink glitter
card to the outside of the flap & the bottom fold, then added a piece of green
slightly smaller onto the bottom piece only. Cutting 2 shapes with my spellbinder
tag shapes & a Nellie Snellen scalloped shaped rectangle slightly smaller, & topped
that with the sentiment "Special Delivery From My Garden", adding a dragonfly
(green) as an extra. On the flap I glued an assortment of white pink & purple silk flowers with faux pearl centers.  The handle is made from a 5mm thick ribbon
with cupcakes printed on the one side & just stuck down under the backing paper.
The flap secures with Velcro sticky dots. On the inside I stuck a green backing
paper that has smallish butterflies on it & then added the image from The Cutting Café called "Take a ride", colouring with my Promarkers & a pink glitter Sakura pen
on the handlebar tassels. I added a tree with "rest stop" on the sign to the image which I think completes the whole set up. The invitation part is something I made
up on Microsoft Word using a clip art of a pile of present & softened the edges of
that using some of the effects available on that. (Other software systems which are
able to do the same thing, are available).









2 comments:

  1. THIS IS SOOOOOOO SWEET...awesome job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Regina, I love this shaped/folded creation. Its so easy to make in so many different sizes. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I appreciate every one I receive.
      {{hugs))
      Margaret DT member for Quirky Crafts & DigiStamps4Joy

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.