Tuesday, 28 May 2013

For Mum.....


Good Morning peeps,

Not a very good morning here, I got woken by my carer walking through the front door, first time in ages that Ive been woken up by them. Still, Tia, my teenage daughter, hasnt got school this week, infact I must get her to write me a schedule out for the next few weeks as to when shes got to go into school for exams & lessons that she still has exams in. (The school have informed parents that students only have to attend lessons that they still have examinations to sit). Tia has taken quite a few exams this last week and a couple in the previous weeks, so Ive lost track! The one exam I definately know shes taken is Art as it was spread over 3 seperate sittings as it was a full 10 hours long! I kept my eye on that exam as its the one that is more important as college acceptance in September all depends on that main one.
Still, enough about my daughter... Ive been quite busy this last few days making cards. Im presently working on a commision order for a 45th Wedding Anniversary (Sapphire) so is being made using different shades of blue. I also realised this morning that Ive coloured a bunch of roses in blues but then realised that it should be more of a wedding theme, so I need either bells, doves, rings or a church theme..... time for some rethinking on that card then later today. Ive got until mid June anyway so no rush.

Back to todays post. Its my ex mum-in-laws birthday tomorrow so I wanted to make a really special card for her. Ive not been to see her at her home for a couple of months now (I did see her at a family wedding in April) as I dont like to see her ill. Shes been diagnosed with the onset of Dimentia.  Its a horrible thing to watch and hear about how shes suffering as shes so lovely and beautiful.  I decided to use a single rose (but quite a large image as the center piece of the card). Its a digital image from the company called: Digital Delights By Louby Loo.
After printing on to a smooth card at 225gsm I cut it into an oval shape using my Spellbinders Grand Decorative Ovals in my grand calibur machine. I wanted to make a large card so opted for an 8x8 inch square using a beige pearlescent card (2 x A4 sheets cut in to the relevent sizes) stuck and folded together to form the card base.  I then matted & layered with various papers & card, adding a piece of ornagey yellow ribbon to the top layer of card, then layered 3 sheets of Kanban Spider Web Netting in lime green and ivory to the top. The next stage was to add the coloured image of the single rose. I decided to colour the rose in yellows as its my favourite colour & also my own mums favourite colour of a rose. I coloured the rose using my Promarkers and one of my pens. The sentiment is copied from one I already have in my stash but the colour card is was on just didnt go with the card. The final touch was 2 layers of Spellbinders Papillions (Butterflies), the bottom is a full version & the top is a cut out version of the same. I coloured them in using glitter Sakura pens for a pearlesent finish to them.
I hope you like the finished result as much as I do ;)





 
 
 
I am entering this card into the following challenge:
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, I love the image, your colouring is fabulous and the sentiment is lovely too.
    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much for your lovely comment Sue. I appreciate the time youve taken to view my blog and to comment. I just hope that I get chosen now! The Rose image, I must admit was quite hard to get the shading right, I just had to keep trying and trying!! lol ;)
      {{{hugs}}} Marg x

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, my Daughter is taking exams too! Good luck with them. Thank you for playing along with us on the PFP Challenge. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Jane. I appreciate it & good luck to your daughter too. {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)
      x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.