Tuesday, 14 May 2013

A card for a blog challenge from Polkadoodles (for a change)


This weeks challenge from the Polkadoodles blog is for "Anniversaries"....
Ive not got time to make a new card for this challenge (this card, as its not been posted on my blog before now still qualifies) but I did make and post one this last week to my best friend (of 42 years)
& her hubby. Lynn & Kevin have now been married for 30 years so I wanted to make them a lovely but not too cute card and the only way to do that is to use an image hand-drawn and handpainted in watercolours on paper by Nikky using Zig Art & Graphic Waterclour twin pens. Nikky is owner & designer at  www.polkadoodles.co.uk. I got the image from the  Cherry Blossom Lane cdrom,  coloured the 2 rabbits with my promarkers and a couple of flexmarkers (sorry I cant remember which colours I used now). The ribbon is printed with Happy Anniversary on a burgundy background and just sets it off lovely. I also used Kanban Spider Web netting in white as a background against the paper which is from one of my other Polkadoodles cdroms that was printed ages ago. The "30" was a precoloured image from the Cherry Blossom Lane cdrom. I hope you like it as much as both the happy couple & I do!





















I am entering this card into the following challenge:

http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/week-19-anniversaries.html








6 comments:

  1. Very cute card Marg. Love the image and that golden mesh really adds a dash to the card.
    Thank for sharing
    Pam
    Papillondigitaldesigns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam for your lovely comment, I appreciate every word
      Im now a follower of your blog/shop even though Ive not got a cutting machine...
      {{hugs}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  2. thanks for joining us at polka doodles....lovely card and good luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Duchess for your lovely comment and wishes
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card! great to see a polka doodles image on your creation!! Thanks for joining us at PD! HUgsxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Alethea, I appreciate your lovely comment. Thank you for viewing & commenting.
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg ;)

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.