Wednesday, 29 May 2013

A Box card for my First DT card for Quirky Crafts!!!











 
 
 

Good Evening peeps, yes its late. I kindly, very kindly got reminded earlier this evening that I had not put my post up for my first member of the Design Team for Quirky Crafts blog!! Oooopppsss sorry boss lol ;)
 
Our theme, over at http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.co.uk this month is Black & White with a bit of Colour. My colour was in the shades of grey on the leaves of my creation.  To make this box card yourself just score along each of the A4 Gatefold lines on your scoreboard. (Dont forget to score on both sides of your card so the fold lines are crisper).  I used a stiff hessian open weave net to act as a backing on 2 sides. All the items (apart from the Mushroom images) I have used on my box card are from my own stash. (Ive got that much excess stock that I need to use it up lol).
There isnt alot else I can say about this card as it was so easy to make. Oh, it ties together using ribbon, only about 6 inches length with some of that secured onto the back of the base card. I used grossgrain but any variety of ribbon will do.  I hope you like the card as much as I do.
 
Come along and join the team and me, (im only a guest designer for 2 months) but its fun. Some great prizes to be won every month. The sponsers this month include  Crafty RibbonsLimited Runs Stamps and  Robyns Fetish Digital Stamps
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team Marg, your box is lovely and very complex.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Cazzy and thank you so much for the very warm welcome that Ive received. I did the complex card as I thought I cant really come up with a standard fold card on my first showing lol ;)
      {{{hugs}}} x

      Delete
  2. Very kewl card I've never created a box card it has so much going on great details hugs Nikki Limited Runs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Nikki, the box card is so so easy to make....just score along 4 folds & fold up, ties are ribbon or twine.
      I knew with being my first DT card for Quirky Crafts that I wanted to add lots of details but different textures as well.
      Im so glad you like it though
      {{{hugs}}}
      Marg

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.