Saturday, 13 April 2013

Rhedd & Rosies Challenge Blog-week 4 Monochrome theme









Well peeps, this is, once again, one of those lovely times when Ive picked an item up and knew exactly what I wanted to do and Im really really pleased with the finished item!!.
This week it was the white/silver dotted black roses card.The ribbon was one of the first things to do and I cut a piece just slightly wider than the rose card and stuck it firmly to the back before the rose card was matt & layered on to a piece of 8x8 black pearlescent paper that I'd got and then stuck that to a white base card...
The next thing to do was to cut the black with white outline flowers and then stick that to the black die cut topper. Placing it was again, so easy. I just knew where I wanted it to go. I then made the ribbon bow and stuck it firmly into place with silicone glue gel and added the decorative pin (which was brought off ebay). The Happy Birthday topper is from my own stock again, just a pity that it wasnt in a bright white glitter but its a pale yellow/off white glitter background.
The finishing touch is the die cut filigree butterfly that is glued into place on the edge of the black topper.
A monochrome card/item is so easy to do and one of my favourite themes to recreate. Im just hoping I've managed to do myself proud with this card.


I wish to enter this card into the following challenge:
http://rheddandrosies.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/monochrome4th-challenge.html

4 comments:

  1. Lovely monochromatic card, love the butterfly and the layout, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Zoe and thank you so so much. I appreciate every comment ;) x

      Delete
  2. Gorjuss love the simlisty. thank you for joining us at rhedd and rosie. xxx Nicky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicky!! Im hoping Im lucky to be chosen for the DT ;) xxxx

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.