Saturday, 20 April 2013

Polkadoodles/Studio12 Blog challenge 15 "April Showers"


Yes you heard right April Showers!! Very apt dont you think?? Even though its sunny outside.

The image I chose, I think along with a lot of other entries, is "Rainy Days" by Emma Canning whos digi images can be found at http://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/index.php?cPath=689_720.






















Ive coloured her with my Promarkers, using putty, blush and ivory for the skin/ Prussian, true blue and royal blue for the umbrella with a twist of a glitter pen for the handle and I added a trio of lighter blues for where the light has caught the umbrella. Browns, consisting of Umber, burnt umber and raw umber for the boots & finally pale blossom (Flexmarker), blossom for the over dress, lobster pink and shocking pink (Flexmarkers) for the underlying dress. The main card base is a lime green card from Brazzil Basics 12x12 Bling (Darks) range.
The underlying papers are all from a couple of Polkadoodles cdroms (Im sorry, I printed a load of different papers off last night so the cdroms are either: Cherry Blossom Lane or Sugar Plum Daisy).
The white cut out is a lattice effect die cut that I brought off ebay as I dont want to buy the die itself, the lace is out of my stash as are the mulberry paper flowers with plastic flower shaped coloured button in the center. The final embellishment which adds the overall Rainy effect are the clear Dew Drops, (also available from polkadoodles) which to me (and I hope you) looks like rather large rain drops!!

I am entering this card into the following blog challenges:

http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/week-15-challenge-april-showers.html

4 comments:

  1. Very sweet little card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Marg! Thanks for joining our April Showers challenge at PolkaDoodles. Hope to see you again next week. ... x
    Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Asha, I appreciate every commment xx

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.