Friday, 12 April 2013

Kenny K's Krafty Krew Blog Challenge 138, to make Easel Cards



Good Morning Peeps,

Its a cloudy damp morning but Im really hoping that it clears up today....



The card I decided to make for this Easel Card Challenge was also combined with a commission order for a 6 year old footie fan! Killing 2 jobs with one I thought it was very apt.
I used the soccer boy digi image coloured with promarkers in Toby's actual kit colours of Royal Blue and white. I'm really hoping I got the colours the right way round!!! His boots were coloured with a metallic marker pen to add a twist. I used a topper from a magazine and added scrabble type letters to spell out the boys name. The next bit to do was the stopper for the card so it would not fall over. To make this I stuck a 3cm piece of pearlescent paper (with Happy Birthday printed on it in silver) onto a stiff piece of card just slightly smaller and then added a piece of ribbon from my stash which, as you can see, has footballs printed on it!! I didn't want to tie a bow with being for a boy so I placed a piece under the main strip and then secured using extra strong double sided tape.  This card will fold flat for postage & Ive yet to add a verse on the reverse of the slope that you can see in the first photo.


I am entering this card into the following blog challenge:
http://kennykskraftykrew.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/challenge-138-easel-cards.html

4 comments:

  1. Awesome boy card! Perfect KK image :) Thanks so much for playing with us at Kenny K’s Krafty Krews *Easel Card* challenge !

    Tammy, KKKK DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! Its appreciated that you like it.
      I just hope that the birthday boy, who its intended for,
      likes it now ;)

      Delete
    2. There is no way he couldn't! :)

      Delete
    3. lol, thanks. Ive described it to his mum who ordered the card and shes sure he will.Ive had to colour the shorts the same royal blue as the shirt and added the age 6 to the front of the shirt too. Mums collecting tomorrow morning so I dont have much longer to wait. Ive also made a card for her daughter too with Ben & Hollys Little Kingdom on. Alice is 3 and Im in love with the card so Im sure mum,dad & daughter will all love it. ;)
      Thank you for commenting on my blog.. ;) x

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.