Sunday, 19 August 2012

Mmmmm A good challenge.... part 2!



This post is continued on from the blog post on August 5th:

Part 2:  My dear neighbour moved house yesterday to a village a couple of miles away,
she did a house exchange with the tenant of the 3 bed house and luckily this woman
wanted to move back to here.  I wasnt going to let Alison go with out me atleast
giving a card so hence me looking through my stamps. I can across my Polkadoodles
box and I knew instantly that one from the "Neighbourhood" range would be ideal, so
I chose the mushroom house as I wanted the garden feel to the card...
I made the side stepper card from one piece of A4 card, chose the backing shaped
pieces of coloured card from one of my storage boxes (as when I get my Grande
Calibur out I tend to cut more than the ones I want for that particular card) and then
cut the felt flowers and the "grass" using my newer cutting dies (the grass one is from
Marianne Designs at http://www.mariannedesign.nl/ ) and felt squares from
the prize I won on Facebook last month (curtosy of Colour-Full-Felt at http://colour-full-felt.co.uk/craft-felt/craft-felt-metres?gclid=COHPj8_T87ECFVMdtAodvRwA8Q )

I stamped the mushroom house, trees and small flowers using Memento Ink and then
I stamped the trees using Momento Ink and Archival (for the green tree leaves). All the
stamped images were coloured using my Promarkers. The Butterfly is cut from a sheet
of Polkadoodle printed paper from the Pen&Circle Club mini cdrom issue 3. (I cant
remember where I brought or what company made the butterfly die).
The finishing touch is the flower shaped faux pearls on the centre of the 2 felt flowers
and then along the grass.
The verse was printed on a piece of pearlescent paper and folded in (half like a card),
cut to size to fit on the back of the card and then stuck down on to the back of the largest
side of the card.  Photographs taken and the card is finished....

This card/blog is being entered into the following challenge: https://www.facebook.com/groups/130211167019322/
Polka Doodle Dandies August Challenge to blog 3 times during the month of August








No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.