Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Mmmmm A good challenge....part 3!

This post is continued on from the blog post on August 19th:
http://craftycardsbymarg.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/mmmmm-good-challenge-part-2.html

I had some marvelous news 2 days ago, my best friend of almost 40 years, has 2 daughters and a son, the middle child Rebecca had announced her engagement!! I instantly went into thinking mode: wow, congratulations, what design of card can I make her, what to use???? I did know that I didnt want to use a picture, image, or sentiment so something different was called for! Well, as usual, That all went out of the window when I actually sit down at my craft table and decide on what the main element of the card is going to be....my eyes fell on the heart haped white doileys that I had brought a couple of months ago, that was it!! My focal point of the card was going to be the heart.....and I had the perfect backing papers from the same range to add to the whole ongoing design!!

I chose an 8 x 8 inch scalloped edged card blank in ivory to start the card going, adding a matt & layer consisting of 2 papers from the Dovecraft Tea Party range (cutting an invert quarter circle to each of the 4 corners) and then added the new ribbon I'd brought from an internet supplier., its a beautiful pale ivory lace ribbon with pink hearts woven in to the lace. I then added a heart shaped lace doiley from Dovecraft's Tea Party range to the centre of the card but not across most of the ribbon. I then used silicon glue to uplift a thin card heart that I cut from a pale lilac colour using a Marianne Design die. I then, after careful thought, added the smallest faux gems I had got in my stash, to cover the little holes left by the cutting die! I added the "congratulations" sentiment in the bottom right hand corner, with the assorted pastel coloured mulberry paper hearts to both sides of the doiley heart....giving a soft romantic feel to the card (in my eyes anyway lol). I hope you like the finished result...

This card is the final instalment for the Facebook challenge that Nikky Hall (owner/creator/designer at www.Polkadoodles.co.uk who set a challenge for us, on August 5th, to make 3 blog posts during the month of August:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/130211167019322/#!/groups/130211167019322/




Please, not only keep commenting on my posts, but also follow my blog....you never know what you might find out about me!! lol ;0 xxx
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marg

    I just stopped by to say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog.

    Congratulations to your friends daughter, I bet she loved this card? It will definitely be one to treasure.

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Claire,

      Thank you for your lovely comment too lol ;)

      Yes, Rebecca&Marty did love the card and are on the way to planning the wedding now!! Ive known Rebeccas mum now for over 41 years and we are still friends!

      Many thanks again
      Marg xxx

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.