Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Anything Goes Guest Design Team Blog Challenge for May 2012

As a Guest Designer for Creative Craft Challenges2:

Wow, Im really honoured to be chosen as a guest designer for
Creative Craft Challenges Blog
and Im really excited!!!  My first chance at this honour for which I
spent weeks deciding what to make for the challenge of
"Anything Goes", sponsered by Love to Stamp, so the prize is fantastic.

I, decided after a long while of thinking, to decorate a paper bag and gift tag
so it can be used as a gift bag.
I, obviously only decorated the one side of both the tag and the bag.
For start off, I cut the backing paper out of a piece of my own stock of 12x12
papers into the large scalloped circle and topped it with a Me to You Bear topper.
I then cut some green felt with a new Marianne Design cutting die in a lattice effect
curved border, again using my Grande Calibur. I had to roll the felt through 3 times
before it finally cut but the effect is beautiful. This is one die that I will be using often.
I then glued these in place on the bag under and to the left of the Me to You topper,
added a stick on 2 layered butterfly in yellow and black, glued 3 different sized,
different shades of green buttons on to the bag following the line of the cutting die.
The final touch is the orange and ivory flower which again, is from my own stock.
The tag was made in the very same way apart from the sentiment topper, which
was cut from a die simular to Spellbinders and I used Anita's silver coloured peel off's
to spell out "For You". The butterfly on the tag is a white stick on, from the same pack
as the yellow&black one. 
This make was completely out of my comfort zone as Id never decorated anything other
than a card before, so Im a pure example of "Anything Goes" lol, try it once in a while,
its fun!!!! I hope you like as much as I do xx

This bag and tag was made for the following:
Creative Craft Challenges2 challenge blog,
just follow this link:
http://creativecraftchallenges2.blogspot.co.uk/



2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful marg, never thought of decorating a bag before. well done you.
    love maria xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria, Your comment does suprise me to say the least as paper bag decorating is such a popular item to craft with...try it, its different than cards, and adding the tag too makes its more special xx (I apologise now if I offend you in any way)

      Delete

I welcome any comments that you may have about myself or my blog....
Unfortunately though, because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible but this also means I don't miss any which is a good thing!
I don't get a chance to reply to any of the comments, for which I am sincerely sorry. My laptop doesnt seem to let me but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.